Two Toned & Wenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

guts

This piece of x cut Wenge has been daring me to turn it for about a year now,I even think I heard it call me a chicken a time or to,so here it is, not the friendliest wood to work with.
200816194113_100_1301.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Bill , Wenge is bad enough cut with the grain, I can understand the wood calling you a chicken [:D] But that chunk of wood just didn't know who it was dealing with [:eek:)] the finish looks like it's about a foot deep [^] all in all I'd say one heck of a job

guts

Michael,the kit is two toned chrome from Bear Tooth Woods,they also make it reversed finnish,Thanks for the comments.

jhs494

Excellent pen Bill! I hadn't noticed that kit until I saw your post. I went and checked it out, and it is sitting in my cart waiting.
Very nice looking pen!

Originally posted by guts
<br />Michael,the kit is two toned chrome from Bear Tooth Woods,they also make it reversed finnish,Thanks for the comments.

Thanks for the info, Bill. I went to the Bear Tooth Woods site to take a look. No offense to Ernie, but I'm thinking that if he sees your pen, he's going to want to put yours on his web site. If that's the case, can I be your agent? [:p] The standard 10% ought to cover my services.

splinter99

I don't think you could make that kit look any better then that. Excellent!!
never tried wenge X-cut, May have to give it a go sometime.
Sure goes nice with that kit

jedgerton

Bill,

I can get acrylic to have a shine like that but never wood! Whats your secret? I'd love to know more because if I could get wood to shine like that, acrylics wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom