Two tone Jr Gent II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Well this pen started out as a Jeff Powell Pine cone blank I got from Exotics. The cap turned so easy I got a little cocky when turning the lower section. I was getting close to finished and the very end spun off on me. So after two failed patch attempts I had no choice, I had to part off the lower section. I was ready to part off the cap section, and had it sitting on the lathe I sat there, and sat there, and then told my wife, "I can't do it, I just can't." So we looked through several pieces of wood, and I think this Granadillo blank section compliments it well. I am not a huge fan of two tones, but I am actually really liking this one. It is a Jr Gent II RB Black Ti kit. I am taking it to work tomorrow to get more opinions, and if I am lucky I might sell it. I did 3 thin ca coats on the cap and 3 thin ca & 5 med ca on bottom and MM all the way up on both.

Thanks for looking!

150082-438x.jpg
150083-438x.jpg
150084-438x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

Good save. I usually don't like unmatched tops and bottoms but this one looks pretty nice. Good work.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ToddMR

Good save. I usually don't like unmatched tops and bottoms but this one looks pretty nice. Good work.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Right there with you Bree. It kind of grows on me. So far no takers at work so I put it on Etsy shop. My boss's boss really liked the look of it.

Top Bottom