Two Tone Amboyna Burl on Cambridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this morning. It is Amboyna Burlwood with Sapwood on a Woodcraft Gold Navigator with Sterling Silver Accents. The Amboyna is from Bad Dog Burls. Turned easily. Sanded from 150 to 600 grit followed by cleaning with rubbing alcohol.
Used CA (thin) X 2 coats followed by CA (medium) x 6 coats. Then MM (wet)
from 1200 to 12000, followed by HUT Plastic Polish and RenWax. Thank you for taking the time to look! Doc:)

Attachments

• Two Tone Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Pen.jpg
    Two Tone Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Pen.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Two Tone Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Pen_1.jpg
    Two Tone Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Pen_1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Two Tone Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Pen_2.jpg
    Two Tone Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Pen_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Thanks for the compliment, but I think I went a little overboard with the coats of CA as my wife told me it looked like plastic rather than real wood.

bitshird

Exquisite pen Doc, two tone Amboyna is hard to beat, and I like the Cambridge kit, it's not far behind the old Jr. Emperors and has a comfortable grip section. My only complaint is you can't use one of the Heritance SF nibs, the feed is notched for the nib, apparently the IPG nib is thicker for the Cambridge, which is kind of odd, since it's really just an over the top El Grande. But they are still nice pens.

David Keller

It's beautiful, and I think the finish looks nice. The kit has got a little too much bling for my tastes, but there's no doubt that it's a looker.

Top Bottom