• wonder woman.jpg
    wonder woman.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 325
  • pen set.jpg
    pen set.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 303
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work !! How did you do them ? Is the first one a bought blank or did you cast it ? The second one ... what glue did you use to stick the paper onto the brass tube ? Did you then coat with CA or is there an intermediate layer ? Please tell :):):)

ladycop322

I sprayed the abalone blank tube with black spray paint. After leaving it for 24 hours, I used a hole punch (rectangular) and glued each one to the black tube. I waited another 24 hours then cast in a Sierra mold (PTownSubbie) with epoxy resin and place in pressure pot. I waited a few days then turned.

The Wonder Woman stamp was purchased from a friend and I turned it.

Thank you :)

magpens

Thank you :) ... am I right in assuming that the abalone chips fell out of the paper punch ?? :biggrin: ( Sorry, but I kinda had to ask !!! )

Oh, so that's a postage stamp of Wonder Woman ! She must symbolize your speedy USPS service that everyone has been talking about

Last edited:

Sataro

Great looking pair of pens Michelle! I like that dark background, it really draws attention to your pens.

ladycop322

Mal,

Yes, I take it I rubbed a few the wrong way with my RANT!
The abalone was purchased in Hawaii in a sheet. I didn't want to do round holes so I purchased the rectangular punch at Michaels and tried it. It worked out pretty good but would have liked the pieces a little bit bigger. I still think the pen is 'missing' something. Maybe more abalone on the next one or something else in with it....hmmmmmm....

Have a great day!

magpens

Michelle,

Editting: RANT ? Oh, it just dawned on me that you were referring to the Wonder Woman stamp, my comment about it in relation to the USPS, and the recent thread bashing/praising the USPS. Dumb me !

With regard to your abalone pen:

I jumped ahead and assumed you used the recangular punch for making the abalone glue-ons. But I had no idea that you can buy sheets of abalone .... I still don't know if it is "real" or if it is just printed onto sheets ... :):) ... in this era of 3-D printing you never know !!

Last edited:

studioseven

Nice job Michelle!!! I've been wanting to do some pens with postage stamps. Did you cast the Wonder Woman after appyling the stamp or coat with something like modge podge?

Seven

Top Bottom