Two strikes... one save....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
As I mentioned in my other Baron post... there were supposed to be two sterling silver Barons but the mesquite blew off the tubes... SO I decided to use the other piece of mesquite and make another one...
On the first the upper barrel blew.. on the second the bottom barrel blew... To put it mildly I was ticked... But then I remembered that the were cut side by side so they would match for a set... I took a long hard look and decided the top from one would be an almost perfect match for the bottom of the other... so here is the save... at least it was not three strikes... But let me tell you I did make sure the cuts I was taking were real tender and sweet... barely taking dust off.. LOL..
Finish is the same as the Sterling Silver Pecan Baron..

200537213536_SterlingBaronMesquite.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cigarman

WOW really great looking mesquite. OH and the pen looks good too[:D]
You really got to love those barons, they make any wood look good but your finish is what does this one.

woodscavenger

Good thing it wasn't two bottoms or two tops! That happened to me last week. I was disgusted. I was working on some inlay pens when I had two bottom blow outs! [:(] Nice save.

wayneis

Nice looking Barons Tom. I'm going to have to get some Mesquite as its one of the few woods left that I haven't worked yet. Good job. Did you get any of Bill's Pomelle sapelle? I just recieved several blanks and they are all really nice and matched too boot. I've got one drilled up and glued so hopefully tomorrow I have time to get to it.

Wayne

Gary

I wish I had back some of that mesquite that I've cut up and thrown in the steak grill over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom