Two Rolex's and 1 Waltham

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

:biggrin:Thought I'd upgrade my dress watches just a smidgen, oh and also get a new every day watch. Thanks Gary (CaptG) for the blanks. As always all comments welcome'
IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2504-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

I keep waiting to actually see one of those magnificent creations working, gears turning and hands moving. Between you, Roy and Gary, I am sure that if it can be done, you two can make it happen. Beautiful art work thete both of you.
Charles

bitshird

I like the pretty one with the blue dial, the gold president isn't bad but I've always been a Submariner kind of guy. LOL They are Sweet as pure cane sugar Roy. nice work on everyone's part.

JohnU

Outstanding work! Iv been admiring these blanks for a while and was lucky enough to get one of Gary's watch blanks at the MPG. Hope it turns out half as nice as your. Great work, both of you!

OKLAHOMAN

I've been looking for a small thin watch that could be used on the top of a custom pen. One of these days maybe.....
I keep waiting to actually see one of those magnificent creations working, gears turning and hands moving. Between you, Roy and Gary, I am sure that if it can be done, you two can make it happen. Beautiful art work thete both of you.
Charles

wizard

Roy, Awesome!!!! Those are some stunning works of art !! You did a beautiful job. The components go together perfectly. Thank you for showing. Regards, Doc

turbowagon

Those are awesome! Great job on the pens and photos, Roy!

Gary's blanks look great as always! I do have one suggestion for Gary: when positioning the hands, make sure they are in proper alignment. For example, when the minute hand reads thirty minutes past the hour, the hour hand should be halfway between hours. Just a small detail, but the watch faces are the focal point of the pens, so I think it's worth it.

Thanks for sharing these! It's nice to see the Emperors and Imperials making an appearance as well.

- Joe

OKLAHOMAN

Joe, good point, I've talked to a friend of mine who is a kewler and he said he sets all his display watches at 10:10 that way the hands are never in the way of a day or date.

Gary's blanks look great as always! I do have one suggestion for Gary: when positioning the hands, make sure they are in proper alignment. For example, when the minute hand reads thirty minutes past the hour, the hour hand should be halfway between hours. Just a small detail, but the watch faces are the focal point of the pens, so I think it's worth it.

Thanks for sharing these! It's nice to see the Emperors and Imperials making an appearance as well.

- Joe

CaptG

- Joe

Joe, good point, I've talked to a friend of mine who is a kewler and he said he sets all his display watches at 10:10 that way the hands are never in the way of a day or date.

Good point guys, and noted. I am in a constant learning curve and attempting to continually improve things.

Kanxrus

Forgive my ignorance but I have a few questions as I am new to turning.

1- Are those real watch components?
2- If they are real, are they bent to radius of the tube?
3- What type of pen kit is that?

Beautiful works or art! Absolutely outstanding!

OKLAHOMAN

In answer to your questions:
Forgive my ignorance but I have a few questions as I am new to turning.

1- Are those real watch components? Yes
2- If they are real, are they bent to radius of the tube?Yes
3- What type of pen kit is that?The Waltham is a Black ti Emperor, the blue faced Rolex is a (Submariner) Imperial and the gold faced Rolex is a 22K Emperor

Beautiful works or art! Absolutely outstanding!
Thank you.

Top Bottom