Two in Red

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sprung

Sprung

Finished up a small batch of pens last night and these two were my favorite.

Amboyna Burl cast in red - an ElMostro/Amalgam-Mutt blank, Jr. Gent II FP in Black Titanium, CA finish
Flamed Boxelder Burl (stabilized), Atrax FP in Chrome, CA finish

C&C welcome!

Attachments

• AB1.jpg
    AB1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 215
  • AB2.jpg
    AB2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 210
  • FBEB1.jpg
    FBEB1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 222
  • FBEB2.jpg
    FBEB2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 196

SteveG

Not wanting to loose touch, after meeting in the recent PITH, I want to throw out my thoughts here. Your work on these pens appears excellent. Part of a fine end result when going thru the process of turning a pen is selecting a great blank, which you did (X 2) with these. The Atrax is showing one of the best Flamed Boxelder Burls I have ever seen. The profile you turned "fits" so well with a non-posting design. Nice work Matt. Aloha!

Sprung

Not wanting to loose touch, after meeting in the recent PITH, I want to throw out my thoughts here. Your work on these pens appears excellent. Part of a fine end result when going thru the process of turning a pen is selecting a great blank, which you did (X 2) with these. The Atrax is showing one of the best Flamed Boxelder Burls I have ever seen. The profile you turned "fits" so well with a non-posting design. Nice work Matt. Aloha!

Steve, thank you for the feedback and the kind words! The FBE Burl I made for a friend, at his request, and he supplied the blank for it. He certainly picked out a nice one from his own private stash. The other one was a treat for myself after my wife let me splurge on a nice kit for myself. Personally I prefer the non-posting for the sake of writing. The pen gets so unbalanced with the cap posted. However, if I'm on the go, then it's a challenge to find a place to put the cap! Hope you're doing well, my friend. I'm very much enjoying the pen you made for me - it sees daily use and is a joy to write with.

Top Bottom