Two pens from this weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TexasTaxi

TexasTaxi

I spent some time in my shop, Saturday, which should have been building pedestals for a customer ... but ended up, on the lathe! :redface:

The first one is a one piece rosewood slimline. I read the "how to" article in the library, and pulled it off, first try. I really like the "alternative" to the slimline pens, that I had pretty much put on the back burner as a "cheap" pen. Please forgive my photo skills, they're still pretty bad.

rosewood3.JPG

I've mentioned that I do a lot of pens that are hunting related stuff and this idea came to me after seeing some of the closed end pens on here. This started as a shed antler. I had some problems keeping this thing steady, but it turned out OK.

shed1.JPGshed2.JPGshed3.JPG

I did learn a few things about BLO/CA, that I'd been strugling with, mainly that you can't put it on at high speeds. Once I slowed the lathe down, it went on a LOT better ... but only the thin. The medium still gave me fits.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Good job on the one-piece slimline. I did my first one not too long ago and think they make great pens.

The antler pen is awesome. Great eye to see that pen in your mind and then be able to execute it as perfectly as you did.

Top Bottom