Two pens for gifts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mwildes

mwildes

Here are pics of two Christmas gifts. Still need to work on my picture process, but I'm happy with these two new styles of pens.

1) A Panache from Rockler, lavender stabalized box elder burl, sanded to 12K, then the Beall Buff.

2) An ElToro from Arizona Silhouette, maple burl, sanded to 12K, 4 coats of CA then the Beall Buff.

All criticism greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Panache-2web.jpg
    Panache-2web.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 186
  • ElToro-2web.jpg
    ElToro-2web.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

That is a beautiful blank on the Panache. How did you like turning that kit? I picked a couple up at the Rockler store when I was in AZ and am looking forward to turning them. In my opinion, certainly for the Panache pic, I think you would be better off not having the text in the background.

That El Toro looks like a stubby lil' bugger. How does that feel in the hand?

mwildes

I really like the look and feel of the Panache. It is certainly unique compared to the other pens. It's not that hard to turn, just long straight lines.

The El Toro is VERY stubby, another unique looking pen. The cap posts, so it fits ok in the hand when writing. Thanks for the input, I'll take some pics with a different background to see how they look.

talbot

I havent tried those kits yet, very subjective pens I guess, but I think your choice of material has made both of them work really well.
Difficult to pick one out, they're both very nice pens.
regards,Bill

Top Bottom