Two new and unique kitless fountain pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AWLogue

AWLogue

Hi all! Here are two new and completely unique kitless pens. Both were commissioned.

First: A Conway Stewart Churchill remake, using Ebonite, Acrylic, and Brass.
churchill%20remake%20side_zps02jyb6eo.jpg

churchill%20remake%20uncapped_zpswbdoerod.jpg

Churchill%20remake%20glamour_zpshfwzj6gs.jpg

Second: A Paua Abalone and Ivory Alumilite pen, modeled after some of Pelikan's designs.
manicpoohbear%20abalone%20capped_zpskk2lwuwp.jpg

manicpoohbear%20abalone%20uncapped_zpsmbqzyfdc.jpg

Manicpoohbear%20abalone%20glamour_zpsymcvdegf.jpg

As always, constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks for looking!

-Aaron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

I still canot get over how beautiful thise pens are. When I grow up, I want to be able to make pens like those.

brownsfn2

Very nice pens. Of course I am partial to the Paua one. :)

I think that is Paua Heart you have there. I love that pattern. You did a great job with incorporating it into your pen. I have thought about including my Paua blanks in a kitless pen in the past. Did you affix it to a brass tube or just glue it around the Alumilite?

Really great work though!

jttheclockman

both very nice pens but that second one jumps out at you. Very nice use of materials. That is a keeper. Thanks for showing.

AWLogue

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Very nice pens. Of course I am partial to the Paua one. :)

I think that is Paua Heart you have there. I love that pattern. You did a great job with incorporating it into your pen. I have thought about including my Paua blanks in a kitless pen in the past. Did you affix it to a brass tube or just glue it around the Alumilite?

Really great work though!

It's a Paua Heart sierra blank, cast in PR. Got it from Exotic Blanks.

brownsfn2

Oh ok. So now I understand. (I make those blanks at exotics).

I thought maybe you were casting that yourself in the material you used for the pen. Does the brass tube make it heavier than a normal kitless pen?

I need to try this sometime. Of course my skill at kitless pens is really lacking.

Thanks for the inspiration and showing it off. I really like it. You did great with it.

brownsfn2

One more thing...

I keep looking at the cap on the first pen. I love that design. The lines on the finial of the cap look really cool.

AWLogue

Oh ok. So now I understand. (I make those blanks at exotics).

I thought maybe you were casting that yourself in the material you used for the pen. Does the brass tube make it heavier than a normal kitless pen?

I need to try this sometime. Of course my skill at kitless pens is really lacking.

Thanks for the inspiration and showing it off. I really like it. You did great with it.

Cool! I'm happy you got to see one of your blanks used. They're quite beautiful; I plan on making more with them.

The brass doesn't really make it much heavier at all. I'd guess it's about the same as an average pen of this size.

Last edited:
Top Bottom