Two new segemented pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodscavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I have not had much time lately but I did buy Barry Gross book and had to play around with the spiral segments. Lots of fun! But it would probably have been easier if I had drilled hole in the blank before I sliced it. I had to hand glue the spiral. Oh well it was fun. I will definitely do more. The woods are spalted tamarind, oak burl, yellow heart, and spalted maple.

The second pen is a glue up from ebony, black maple veneer, bocote, and curly maple. I was going to make separate Sierras but the wife wanted this way.

PDR_0443.jpg

BTW I just bought a house and so I will be moving. Anyone want to help?:D I must say, I am a little sad. I having to move my tools from a side wall in my garage to a 1000 sq ft shop!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!![:p]:D I am in heaven!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Shane,

Those look really nice. I like the choice of woods and patterns on both. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the new place too.

Fangar

ilikewood

Great work shane....I love segmented work.

I live 120 miles away, but a bad back prevents me from moving much.

(Do ya buy that excuse?[:eek:)][}:)])

darbytee

Nice work on the segments Shane. Is that a segmented platter you have them sitting on?

If you were still in North Carolina I'd be glad to help you move, but Idaho is a bit far.

woodscavenger

The photo was a quick snapshot to get the basics across. I know it is busy and shadowed. I set the pens in a segmented bowl that I did from some wormy oak a fe years ago. In terms of the shop I think I am going to have agoraphobia. My tools are way too small. I don't know what to do. I think I will get lonely out there in all of that free space.[:p] Oh well, I think I will survive[:)]

Ron Mc

I really like the way the Baron looks! I think it would look marvelous if the cap had the same base color as the lower barrel as well.

twoofakind

I like the second pen. I have been working on a few designs like that, but I have not got around to turn them yet. I like the nice clean line the veneer makes. Great job.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom