Two New Guys

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Craftdiggity

Craftdiggity

Hello Everyone,

The following is a quick shot I took of two new PR casts that have been successfully turned and, (this time) buffed using the Beall system.

The first is a multi-metal leaf copper Slimliine. I really like the kit on this one because there is a few bits of copper leaf in the blank.

Second is a Brown Spitting Cobra skin dressed up in a Black Chrome Cigar.

This one turned out really nicely. The skin really pops up close.

Let me know what you think. Comments and critiques appreciated.

BTW, I already know that I can't take a decent photograph, so...:mad-tongue:

SnakeFoil.jpg

CobraClose.jpg

CobraTopClose.jpg

CobraBotClose.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

I have to be honest and I am not trying to pick, but the snake skin looks like it is wrapped in bubble wrap. Due to this effect it gives a distorted look of the skin. Of course this may be the look you are trying to achieve.

seamus7227

Chris this may come off as being rude, but personally, your casting of the cobra didnt turn out so well, it looks as though there is separation between the skin and PR. Now, I say this as a critique(since you asked for it in your post), However, since I am not holding the pen in my hand, I could be wrong. Other than the appearance of air above the snakeskin, they look cool! But let me know if that is what i am seeing.

Craftdiggity

Chris this may come off as being rude, but personally, your casting of the cobra didnt turn out so well, it looks as though there is separation between the skin and PR. Now, I say this as a critique(since you asked for it in your post), However, since I am not holding the pen in my hand, I could be wrong. Other than the appearance of air above the snakeskin, they look cool! But let me know if that is what i am seeing.

No offense taken. I do want critiques. I love it when everyone likes my work, but I can get that from family, you know? You guys know what you're looking at, so if something's not kosher, you should speak up. The pen looks great in person. I just take the worst pictures ever. I'm not sure how to get the camera angle right. What I think is the case is the way the light is reflecting off the skin??? and back through the PR??? Something like that. I just can't make it look good in a photo.

This is the first skin I've ever cast so I have nothing to compare it to. I've never even turned one before. I have several others that I'm working on, so when I get them finished I'll do a side by side. Maybe I'll see what you see if I manage to cast a better one.

Top Bottom