Two new Euros

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from punkinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinn

I made two pens today... the first to show that darned splintery Zebrawood who was boss, and the second as a nod to my "previous life" as a clarinet player in the Army.

Zebrawood, cross cut (ack!) in Gold Euro. This was my second try at a cross-cut Zebrawood... the first one didn't want to be turned and I was bound and determined to conquer this one. ;) I'm not all that sure I like it, but at least the wood didn't win. LOL Finished with my first time using MicroMesh, Hut Crystal Coat, and carnuba wax. It's way more glossy than the scan (ack again) shows.

zebra-crosscutgoldeuro.jpg

Nancy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tseger

Nice pen, I too just just ruined a cross cut blank. It was bocote. I got a few tips but haven't had time to turn the second bocote blank yet.

JohnDrayton

I'm new to all this but have never been able to get my tools sharp enough to turn end grain successfully. then I tried a rasp and 50 grit paper with great success. I don't know if you call that turning or not but it works great for me!

Rifleman1776

Nice looking. I avoid straight cross-cuts for the frustrations mentioned. I like the Euro but notice that you left the upper barrel a bit 'bulgy'. I've stopped doing that because the way the clip is made there isn't room left for material when trying to put in a pocket. The upper barrel must be cut straight bushing to bushing for the clip to work properly.

punkinn

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Nice looking. I avoid straight cross-cuts for the frustrations mentioned. I like the Euro but notice that you left the upper barrel a bit 'bulgy'. I've stopped doing that because the way the clip is made there isn't room left for material when trying to put in a pocket. The upper barrel must be cut straight bushing to bushing for the clip to work properly.

Thanks... and I didn't think about the functionality part when turning the top barrel, so thanks for that heads-up / pointer. [:)]

This blank was one of two left overs from a bowl blank; the first of the pen blanks (that got the best of me) had a really cool zigzag pattern that I was dying to capture but... well I didn't. lol

Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom