Two new

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Maple Leaf with bloodwood...laser cutting by Ken Nelsen. Why is it we let the best ones go?

2006211260_MapleLeafWithBloodwood.jpg

Feather with African blackwood (no finish)

20062112846_FeatherAndAfricanBlackwood.jpg

Thank you for looking and/or commenting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

I'd like to see the feather pen on it's side. I am sure it looks great but it is hard to see with a front view. Very cool Idea!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks for the views and comments. As for the feather, I don't know what more to say. It's actually four feathers. The tubes are coated in white epoxy, feathers applied, lacquer build up, then micro-meshed with a final of TSW. Here's a side view.

2006211153831_Feather3.jpg
<br />

woodpens

Great looking pens, Lou. Ken really opens up the possibility with his engraver and ingenuity. The feather is a very unique idea. That will certainly generate some pen discussions!

gerryr

Those are both very nice, but I especially like the feather. I tried that on a cigar pen a few weeks ago and discovered that feather do not like CA. I knew what would work exactly but was impatient so I tried CA. The feathers lifted off the blank. I need to get back to that and do it right the next time. What kind of feathers are those? I've been a fly tyer for better than 30 years so I have lots of feathers.

punkinn

Brilliant job on the feather, Lou. I like the maple leaf pen too, and it looks great, but the feather is clever and something else that's hard to come up with after a while, it's DIFFERENT!

I also happen to do some birding (aka bird watching) from time to time (when I can pull myself away from the lathe) and I imagine this would appeal quite a bit to birders, especially if you could use feathers from a known species and present it that way, IOW a Red-Tailed Hawk pen, or a Hooded Oriole pen....

Get right on that, wouldja? LOL

Excellent job. [:)]
Nancy (heading out to the lathe today)

KenV

Why do I sense that I will be seeing the "fly fishermans special pens" coming in the future. Classic salmon flies with jungle **** eyes perhaps.......

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by KenV
<br />
Why do I sense that I will be seeing the "fly fishermans special pens" coming in the future. Classic salmon flies with jungle **** eyes perhaps.......

MMMM, I just happen to have a couple of jungle **** necks with some eyes too big for salmon flies... MMMMMMM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom