Two from this morning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

This first one is a snap cap rb from woodpenpro. It was the first one I ever did and I have to admit, I like it. It is gun metal with aromatic cedar. This sucker is long too! I needed a blank that was about 6" and that is why I used the cedar. I personally am VERY happy with how the pen turned out. Sorry for the picture with the cap off, but I re-sized it weird.

cedar-rb-1.jpg
cedar-rb.jpg
cedar-rb-2.jpg

Here is the second pen from this morning, it is inlace mint coffee from WT. I can tell you them saying it is brittle is no joke. I am sure each of you will be able to see my repair without me pointing it out. When your using a mill to square you want to let the mill do ALL the work hehe. This is on a chrome executive pen kit. Any comments are welcome and thank you for looking at both of these. I really REALLY like the rb I did though lol.

mintcoffee.jpg
mintcoffee-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Todd, way to go. You have two very good pens there. The cedar pen is my pick today, but then I love that wood. Don't you love the odor when turning? I find that when turning red cedar that the tools must be very sharp or the transition from sap to heart wood tears out the sap wood very easy. The fit and finish is very good on both pens. the profile of the cedar is very good. Your photos do the job of providing the info, too. Congratulations.
Charles

mrcook4570

Both pens look great! But you may want to hold off judgment of that model rb until you have tested it more thoroughly - that white plastic insert has a tendency to fail.

ToddMR

Thank you for the very nice comments. Having the woodchuck pro has proven to be a much needed tool for me.

Top Bottom