Two more from yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I made this one for a guy that gave me a piece of Makore to show my gratitude. I hope he likes what I did with it.

200553113839_makore_sl.jpg

This is my first experience with Bocote. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it even though I loved the grain. It worked quite well and I have to say that it is one of my favorites to work. But it seems I have so many now! [:p]

200553113117_bocote_sl.jpg

Critiques are always welcome! I'm ever striving to improve.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice fit & finish, but are they comfortable for writing? Looks like the fingertip portion should rise a little higher to accomodate finger???

alamocdc

Thanks, all. Ed, they are actually quite comfortable for me and many others that have tried them. I've sold almost all of them that I've produced at this point. It's hard to keep enough to show folks. However, it really depends on how you hold a pen. I know one guy that holds a pen in such a way that only a straight barrel is comfortable for him.

M

Mudder

Out of curiosity, did you try removing the center band from the top pen to see what it looks like? I would bet it would look really nice. The are both really nice pens.

alamocdc

Thanks, all!! CJ, I used Deft Lacquer sanding sealer and Shellawax. Mudder and Sam, I did try it w/o the CB and it didn't look bad. When I gave it to Chris, I told him he was free to keep it or not depending on his preference. His pen, his choice. When I left he was still trying to decide. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom