Two More in Wood.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joe S.

Joe S.

I'm going to try more wood to see if I can sell any. I personally like all the different "hard plastics" out there, but it would be nice to get some money back for the hobby. C&C welcomed!

Gunmetal Stratus with Thyra Burl.

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0572.jpg

Chrome Classic Fountain with Cocobolo.

DSC_0573.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eranox

Excellent job! Both pens look fantastic. I wasn't familiar with the Stratus; I'm going to have to take a closer look at that kit.

Have you written with the Classic yet? Those were the first fountain pens I made, and I found some of them to write very nicely. Unfortunately, some of the others were quite rough and scratchy. Also, I had a problem where the section fit too snugly into the cap, and when the pen was opened, the section would unscrew with the cap. Have you run into these issues?

Joe S.

Excellent job! Both pens look fantastic. I wasn't familiar with the Stratus; I'm going to have to take a closer look at that kit.

Have you written with the Classic yet? Those were the first fountain pens I made, and I found some of them to write very nicely. Unfortunately, some of the others were quite rough and scratchy. Also, I had a problem where the section fit too snugly into the cap, and when the pen was opened, the section would unscrew with the cap. Have you run into these issues?

I actually had that very issue with this pen, I used a transfer punch to ream the internal threads a little... carefully:)

I tune the nibs, so I didn't check if it was scratchy or not. I have had good luck with them in the past.

OZturner

Great Pens Joe.
Superb Blanks, love the Thyra Burl, and very attractive Cocobolo.
Your use and comments of the Stratus are Most interesting.
Excellent Fit and Finish,
Timber is my First Love.
Brian.

SDB777

I love turning wood! Looks like you do too....
Just the feel of it, and then pleasure from seeing the natural timber come to 'life'.

Seems it is hard to 'sell' the timber though...and recouping monies to further the hobby is the hard part. I would be interested in hearing how you have been trying to sell....

Scott (sometimes it's just location that sells) B

Top Bottom