Two more Sr. Gents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Alaskan Yellow Cedar burl! Woohoo!!!!

This stuff is also one species that carries a few 'common names'....but {Cupressus nootkatensis} can never be anything but awesome(at least in this form...a burl)! The grain is really tight, so it seems this is 'old growth timber'....I counted 80 growth rings in there!!

Sr. Gent chrome rollerball:

And finally.....crosscut Pignut Hickory on a gold Sr. Gent rollerball!
Seems the worm trails can be hardened up with a simple wipe down of Minwax Wood Hardener(therefore avoiding the burning eye's using thin CA)!

As always, comments and critiques are most welcome!

Scott (a pigs' what?) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Beautiful work,Scott!

Especially love the Yellow Cedar,I've never seen that wood before.

Beautiful photos,too!

Steve

paintspill

SDB777

Seems I've got to find some more of the Alaskan Yellow Cedar now, I think I'm going to be hooked on it as well. The four pens I did yesterday are sitting in front of me, and I can not take my eye's off the AYC!! The Pignut is a close second, but I might be bias on the decision due to the amount of the stuff I've seen!

Thanks everyone! The new kits are pretty big in dimensions....hope the customers I have lined up will see the beauty of showing off more timber!!!

Scott (I wish I was a dog....it'd be naptime) B

SDB777

man.. you ve been busy this weekend.. more nice pens.

I try to reserve at least one out of my three days to turning every weekend. I could probably spread the turning out a little more, but I actually like mowing both lawns on Friday, and then playing on the mill on one of the remaining days.

Scott (happy fathers day) B

Top Bottom