Two more for my oriental collection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Texatdurango

Recently I received a nice gift from Gary Peck in Singapore. The package contained several blanks which we had spoken of as well as some strange little kits.

While I haven't worked with the kits yet, last week I used a Huang Hualu blank in a pen and this morning I used a Jichimu blank and a Thief Wood blank in two more pens. The photo doesn't do the Jichimu justice as it has a nice deep chocolate swirl wrapping all the way up around the pen. Personally out of the three I like the Jichimu best with the Thief wood coming in a close second. The Huang Huali is the least favorite as I don't find it to be a particularly attaractive wood.

Below are shots I took for my website, first is the Jichimu, second the thief wood and third a shot of all three pens together.

Attachments

• orient-jichimu.jpg
    orient-jichimu.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 264
  • orient-thiefwood.jpg
    orient-thiefwood.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 254
  • orient-all3.jpg
    orient-all3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 294
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

George, Those are beautiful, what a gorgeous finish, I think I like the Thiefwood the best, I'd love to try some wood like that, I'm just not sure my skills are up to it, some day they will be, I hope, Well done on all three Emperors.

mrburls

Nice looking group of pens George. I like that Thiefwood. Where is this wood from? And as always super finish and photos.

Keith "mrburls"

Texatdurango

Nice looking group of pens George. I like that Thiefwood. Where is this wood from? And as always super finish and photos.

Keith "mrburls"
Keith, I got the blanks from Gary Peck whose member name is oddly enough "garypeck". I don't know where thief wood comes from but assume it is from the far east. If you like these blanks, contact Gary as he likes to swap his blanks for blanks and kits he doesn't have rather than sell them for an arm and a leg.

All three woods are very easy to drill and turn.

Top Bottom