Two lazerlinez eagles in olive root and grape vine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigNick73

BigNick73

Just finished these two, the one in purple is the olive root and the blue is the grape vine (Both from George if you're wondering). I keep saying I'm going to quit ordering odd ball blanks like these, but they turn out so nice. Think I put more CA on the grape vine filling voids and holding it together during turning than there is resin in it, it was interesting for sure. Which my photography showed the grain better they are both highly figured.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 387
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 317
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Thanks for mentioning the blanks' maker...!

You seem to have had a few difficulties working those blanks but, you endup finishing them, very well...!

The kits you used, go very well with the blanks, all a good combination, congrats...!

Cheers
George

BigNick73

Thanks, I joke about not buying anymore oddball blanks but Georges blanks are actually becoming some of my favorites.

The item description for the shiraz grape vine suggested the use of "flap" sanding disks, so I had some idea that it might be a challenge, I used sharp carbide instead, making very light cuts and stopping regularly for reinforce the soft spots with CA. Only took 3-4 beers to calm my nerves afterwards.

Still have 3 more to do.

Top Bottom