Two Jr Gent Fountain Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

After receiving a Cactus long click from El D In the PITH, I had to try one or several, the blank of course is from Mesquite Man (Curtis) at Turntex and is on a TI Jr. Gent from PR Princes and Ed from Exoticblanks.
The other is also a Ti Junior Gentleman dressed in Alternate Ivory also from Exoticblanks this one done with a matching finial button, both are postable and will soon have new SF nibs from Heritance., The cactus was great to turn and both were done on my Jet metal lathe since I can't get near either of my wood lathes, the Cactus was wet sanded with Micro Mesh through 12000 and a coat of renwax and the Alternate Ivory was sanded through 800 wet and buffed, and Renwaxed, I wanted a low luster more like real Ivory.

Attachments

• Alt-Ivory-Jr-Gent-2.jpg
    Alt-Ivory-Jr-Gent-2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Altr-Ivory-Jr-Gent-3.jpg
    Altr-Ivory-Jr-Gent-3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Red-Cactus-2.jpg
    Red-Cactus-2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 373
  • Red-Cactus-3.jpg
    Red-Cactus-3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

Awesome looking pens, wonder if it'd be possible to somehow turn a cactus finial for the cactus pen. Just wondering, is it ok to wet sand cactus? I thought i read somewhere that wetting the cactus itself can damage it or something

bitshird

Awesome looking pens, wonder if it'd be possible to somehow turn a cactus finial for the cactus pen. Just wondering, is it ok to wet sand cactus? I thought i read somewhere that wetting the cactus itself can damage it or something

Keith, I sealed the exposed cactus fibers with thin CA, if I'd planned ahead better. I could have made a finial out of a piece, but I wasn't sure how it was going to drill so I cut long and just drilled a wee bit beyond the tube length.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice work, Ken!

IF you wanted a finial on the cactus, you might want to use red polyresin. The cactus material would be too transparent, wouldn't it?

I like the alt ivory detailing!

bitshird

Nice work, Ken!

IF you wanted a finial on the cactus, you might want to use red polyresin. The cactus material would be too transparent, wouldn't it?

I like the alt ivory detailing!

Ed, after thinking about it, I believe you're right, red poly resin would be easy enough and I think it would look better than the black one, Thanks for the suggestion.

bitshird

Lupe after I got that Long Click from you in this last PITH, I had to try some of Curtis's Cactus blanks, I got three and lost one somewhere in my shop, the blanks are great.

Top Bottom