Two fancy Barons.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RMB

RMB

Well, a bit more effort than usual. Worthless wood Rosewood burl/ black, from JayDevin, gets a lot of attention when I wear it clipped to the collar of my shirt. And, Holly inlaid with coffee and green tea, for my new BIL, whose wife is named Holly.

Thanks for looking!

Wow, those are terrible pictures, sorry, got to go to bed or I'd fix them...

Attachments

• Barons.jpg
    Barons.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 332
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Neat pens. On the cap of the burl, you've got two lines towards the finial. Don't know if it's the open grain in the wood that created a void for the finish or what. Also, at the very end of the cap there's a line around it, just below the finial, which looks like it either has tool marks all the way around or it didnt get sanded like the rest of the blank. I'd also have turned off that little nipple on the foot of that pen. Personal prefrence, but I like them to be smoothe and no real evidence of the work involved in turning.

Also, it's got a real matte looking finish. Was this a CA/BLO?

nit5.jpg

RMB

Skye, the reason the finish on the burl isn't up to par is because I tried a dipped laquer finish, and didn't get it quite right / didn't have the correct equipment, so yes, there are defects...

And I had a darn good reason to go to bed!!! She's cooking me dinner right now =)

Skye

And I had a darn good reason to go to bed!!! She's cooking me dinner right now =)

I'll never speak ill of one of your pens again.

"Forum posting high-5!" (I hope you watch 'Scrubs', or that makes no sense.)

Top Bottom