Two Comforts in Brooks803 Blue and White 110 & 111

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

I've snatched up these two blanks at the June IAP meeting in Atlanta. The kits are Softgrips in Rhodium from CSUSA. I painted the holes and tubes white, sanded to 12k mm, then used the Beall's buff and wax.

I tend to do more darker pens but these add some color and contrast to my collection.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.
Earl

110 at the top, 111 on the bottom:
P1030478.jpg

Here is 110:
P1030466.jpg

P1030465.jpg

Closeup:
P1030469.jpg

And here is 111:
P1030479.jpg

P1030480.jpg

and the closeup:
P1030470.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Great looking pens. I am just the opposite as I love the lighter colors to work with, and being a fan of blue doesn't help either. You really did a great job on those kits and the blanks look like cloudy blue skies to me. I have a few of these kits and have not made them because I was not sure how much the rubber grip played into the looks of the kit. I will have to try making them.

Brooks803

Earl, I keep trying to remember what those blanks looked like prior to turning. I'm having trouble remember what colors I used. Those look so good I want to make some more. One thing that'll help if you don't mind, check to see if they glow in the dark. I made some that had glow powder and I don't know if that could be them or not. If they do I know what I used, if they don't, well...I'll still know what else it could be.

EarlD

Earl, I keep trying to remember what those blanks looked like prior to turning. I'm having trouble remember what colors I used. Those look so good I want to make some more. One thing that'll help if you don't mind, check to see if they glow in the dark. I made some that had glow powder and I don't know if that could be them or not. If they do I know what I used, if they don't, well...I'll still know what else it could be.

Jonathan, I've gotta start taking pictures of your blanks before I turn them! The colors in the pics are very close - at least on my screen. No, they don't glow in the dark.

If you make any more of the lightest blue (#111) save me a couple. :)

Earl

Top Bottom