Two Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Finished the assembly of these today, the first one is an Olive blank from robutacion, (thanks George) and the second one is one of my own blanks.:)

It is the third try at this particular mix, No. 1 was a complete failure, No.2 wasn't too bad but the black tube made it very dark.:mad:

This time I painted the tubes white and the result is much better.:wink:

Funny that I look at the pen now and I can see that there are a few scratches still there, bugger. Didn't notice them before.:redface:

Thanks for looking and C & C are always welcome.

Bob.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 122
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Very nice! That's a beautiful piece of olive wood & those are really nice colors in your blank.

robutacion

Wow Bob, what I finish mate...!

The fits is also spot on but, any possible scratches, they were there before you started the CA coating and yes, that is a bugger when that happens, it only takes a couple of extra minutes of extra sanding time or, going to the next finer grit but, if we didn't see it, we didn't see it, huh...???:frown:

Many penturners I know, have opted to inspect the tubes before adding any finish, using one of many magnifying instruments available in the market, "older" eyes tend to be less sharp, I know that well and even using strong glasses when turning small stuff, if I would be making pens for sale, I would most certainly invest in something that could help me to identify any minor defects that always seem to magnify many times, when coated with a thick layer of CA...!:)

Apart from that Bob, the 2 pens are great and your casting is interesting, and is "yours"...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

OZturner

Bob, A Great pair of Pens,
George's Olive is Superb.
Your Blank has me intrigued, what great colours, and I can't determine what you used.
Lets just call it Secret Kalbarri Business.

As I would expect, terrific Fit, and I can't see too much wrong with the Finish, other than on your blank there seems to a lesser sheen.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom