Two bits for a Shave....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

This is my new shaving brush I made for myself last night.
I am going to be testing it, to see how the stabilized wood
holds up and the epoxy setting under use.

Tough job have to put this soft little silver tip badger hair
brush on your face everymorning, but somebody has to :D

The head and Masure birch came from Blankity, after a
lengthy wait.

Thanks for looking at a non pen [:p]

200532415201_DSC00324.jpg

2005324152022_DSC00319.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Dang shame we ain't got no Bager running around here--that looks like it is real soft. As always great job. Wonder if Fox tail would work???

swm6500

Nice looking shaving brush Anthony, I haven't used one of those in years. Too lazy I think. I believe you really get the beard softer using a brush.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Very nice, Anthony. Love the masur birch handle and that badger's got to be as soft as a whisper. (HISNIBS (Mark) can probably tell us a lot about badgers, since the best sporrans are made from them--and we know what sensitive parts a sporran covers!)

PenWorks

Geez Lou.....thanks for that thought. [:D]
It would be more pleasing visulizing a female sporran,
Than HISNIBS in his [:D]

Thanks for the comments, can't wait till tomarrow to shave.
Never thought I would ever say that [:p]

djborek

Anthony,

Looks great! Nice work... I do like your work... I also wanted you to know my first one I made back in 1988 of stabilized maple burl, I use every day now for the past 17 years now is still the best one I have in my collection. I just keep it in my steam shower and it rarely never dries completely and when I hit the road it can become dry in my travels when I skip a day or two shaving for the hell of it.

Just make sure the final glue up to the head to the handle is some 30 minute epoxy and not any CA glue because the CA holds up only for a few years being wet all the time, well that was when I first tried using the CA Glue in the early 1980's, Like in 1984-85' Since the brush is made with a slow setting hardener it has a one year full replacement under normal usage conditions. I add another nine years of materials and workmanship the way the brush is made, the color of the silver can fade after about fifteen years of daily use and never changes the fine tips that assist in making the soap in a very fine lather.

If any brush head I sell ever fails I would replace it even after 15 years of daily service, I am very confident the way our brush heads are made after writing the quiality specifications on this one I designed from taking apart older units and not repeating any of the old mistakes that were often made back in the 1800's till the 1940's in the construction of the way they were sewn and knotted together together and each and every hair end to be held in a epoxy mixed to penetrate each hair and slowly be set off with the best grade of two part mixture to set off in just about 24 hours and that means it will bond like no other epoxy and last for just about as long as a mixture could ever be expected to as a solid unit when cured. Just to make absolutely sure no air could cause a flaw in the collection of the hair I have the units placed in a vacuum chamber to adhere the epoxy to the hair and have every tiny air bubble removed to 100 % solid epoxy base holding all and every hair as tight as possible all the same for perfection as we know this great product deserves for your needs.

If anyone is interested in making one or a chance to resell them for better profit contact me for new discounts for IAP Members Only. We are making plans to restructure our whole company with the newly hired help, so keep on listening for any new changes headed your way direct to you all.

Thanks so much for all of your support and patience in working with us short handed and just not being able to support all of the larger wholesale accounts we had wanted to do. It just is not in our best interest focusing so much energy on the smallest profit margin sales when we are better able to even cut prices and only sell to smaller more personal pen turners and shipping the goods out faster for your needs with discounts.

New in stock is 4,400 lb of real old deadfall AZ Desert Ironwood, figured, and solid burl wood blanks in all sizes needed. I will be posting pictures and prices next week.

We also have on order 20,000 blanks in Bois De Rose, Dalbergia Rosewood cut from legal natural fall downs from Madagascar Island has the best fine grained black ebony I've ever seen. They should be out of the kiln and here in Austin, TX by the end of June of 05 at some great low prices for what the wood is.

Just let me know by email since it seems to a better way to contact me for assistance in what woods and pricing, along with times to ship out.

Best regards,

David J. Borek
http://www.blankity-blanks.com
EarlOfBurl@blankity-blanks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom