Two to Be Auctioned at a Charity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

My wife, Lori, is a certified service dog training for people with special needs. She volunteers many hours a week to Canine Assistants (Canine Assistants), which is less than two miles from our home. Anyway, Saturday, they are hosting a fund-raiser, and I was asked to donate two pens for their auction.

I chose (Lazerlinez aka Constant's) Liberty with Red and Gold Tru-Stone and a Jr Gent with "My Two Cents" Rhino...(from Exotics). I painted the tubes and barrels with rust colored primer on the Jr.

Thanks for looking and ANY feedback :)

Attachments

• Liberty with Red and Gold Tru Stone 1.jpg
    Liberty with Red and Gold Tru Stone 1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 384
  • Jr Gent My Two Cents Rhino.jpg
    Jr Gent My Two Cents Rhino.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 352
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

I hope they fetch a good price. Both pens are really nice. I really like that blank on the Jr. Gent... It's a little hard to see the Trustone on the other one due to the pocket clip. I'll bet that pic doesn't even do justice to the pen.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
My wife, Lori, is a certified service dog training for people with special needs. She volunteers many hours a week to Canine Assistants (Canine Assistants), which is less than two miles from our home. Anyway, Saturday, they are hosting a fund-raiser, and I was asked to donate two pens for their auction.

I chose (Lazerlinez aka Constant's) Liberty with Red and Gold Tru-Stone and a Jr Gent with "My Two Cents" Rhino...(from Exotics). I painted the tubes and barrels with rust colored primer on the Jr.

Thanks for looking and ANY feedback :)
Nice pens Tony. I know of Canine Assistants. I know of a couple of young people, here in Michigan each of whom have one of their Service Dogs one of the dogs is named Latte. Definitely a great cause to donate those two gorgeous pens to = for auction and your wife is performing such a great service to persons with disabilities

I have a Service Dog from Paws With A Cause so I know how much help Service Dogs are to their human partners - Ruby is my second "PAWS" service dog - a successor to Travis who died of Hemangiosarcom a May 6, 2010.

Last edited:

TonyL

Thank you for the comments and kind words. Lori is about to graduate a pup (19 months old) next week. She has had her since she was 4 weeks old. This is her third graduate in three years. These dogs do change people's lives. Needless to say, this dog (can't mention the name) has been sleeping with us for over a year. I will miss her too. We are fostering several pups now. Lori has them from nursery (day or two old) through graduation. She LOVES it (and never had a dog growing up!).

Where was I..pens?! Thanks again...I need to read all that has been written about photography. There is certainly plenty to learn right here on the IAP.

TonyL

Thank you. Not flawless, but good under a 10x loop. I just received my 20x loop, but I don't think I am using right.
LOL.

RKB

Beautiful pens Tony. I hope they bring lots of bids and donations for the charity. Your finish is totally awesome.:biggrin:

Rod

TonyL

Thank you. Yes, I am enjoying the buffers and forgoing the wet sanding.

The pens sold for $50 (Jr) and $90 (Liberty) at the charity auction. I have actually sold "lesser" pens, privately, for much more. Well, it was a good cause and my wife and I had a nice time.

Top Bottom