Twisted Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I cut rope patterns in a lot of material before, buy never twisted tru stone. If you do not mind the breakage and sanding, they come out nice. Ropes cut on a model 200 Legacy mill.

Thanks for looking and any comments. :)

2007111453340_Sorrento_trustone_twist.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Very nice Anthony, I could not imagine how long each one took you to hand sand. I remember the two wood ones we did on your lathe at the outing. I sanded those for days until I was satisfied.

PenWorks

Originally posted by ligget
<br />Beautiful pens Anthony, whats the black at the top of the first 3 barrels? [:p]
Truth be told....I made 6 of them, liked they way they came out, so I made another 6. When I meassured the length I used a wrong tube, so to my surprise when I went to glue the tubes in, the last batch all were short, so I pieced a little black resin in, not a bad look. Blends in nicely, just the way I planned it [:D]

Mikey

TRhey look really good, but I think I'm a fan more of the wooden ones than the stone ones. To me, the stone should be smooth and polished. Though I'm sure they'll sell no problem.

Ligget

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Originally posted by ligget
<br />Beautiful pens Anthony, whats the black at the top of the first 3 barrels? [:p]
Truth be told....I made 6 of them, liked they way they came out, so I made another 6. When I meassured the length I used a wrong tube, so to my surprise when I went to glue the tubes in, the last batch all were short, so I pieced a little black resin in, not a bad look. Blends in nicely, just the way I planned it [:D]

Good save Anthony, looks good with or without! [:p]

alxe24

Never stop to get amazed at the rope pens. This are terrific, they soure look like a million bucks. It would be nice if you could sell one for that much [:D]

PenWorks

Originally posted by kruger
<br />These are awesome![8D]

Can you share what sort of router bit you use to do these rope pens?[:I]

Glad you asked, I have not been to their web site for years, they did a redisign. Here is the bit

http://magnate.net/index.cfm?event=showProductGroup&theID=216

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice save Anthony.

Beautiful work, too. The Sierra is one of the few styles of pens you can do that kind of fancy work on and still have a beautifully comfortable pen.

WOW![8D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Interesting look, Anthony!!

I believe the rope pattern was actually accomplished on some marble columns in antiquity. You might be able to "form a story" around that and enhance their sale value. (Particularly the white).

Nice work, in ANY case,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom