Twisted Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from williamcr

williamcr

Here are some pens I made from the twised blanks I got from 8ball48043. Included are pictures of the blanks before I made them into the pens. Thanks Bill for the great pen blanks.

Attachments

• Euro5.jpg
    Euro5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 412
  • File Pen_5.jpg
    File Pen_5.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Slim1.jpg
    Slim1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 318
  • Blanks1.jpg
    Blanks1.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 297
  • Blanks2.jpg
    Blanks2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 246
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

How long did this process take you to do(the glue-up and cutting)? Because you certainly made it look right.

Thanks for sharing, I might try a few with all the "pieces I can't seem to throwaway"!!

Scott (collection of everything = cool) B

8ball48043

How long did this process take you to do(the glue-up and cutting)? Because you certainly made it look right.

Scott, If you're talking about the 'blanks' used to make these pens, they are made using a patented process. Only one company in the world has access and rights to the patent.

Actually, the glueing in of each veneer is a single step, and is allowed a full day to dry and cure, so .... the more veneers that are glued into the main or base piece adds the longer it takes to produce the piece.

FYI: Since the primary use of this wood is for the production of pool cues, the pieces are glued up in 2" x 2" x 30" pieces, so .... when the pieces are cut down to pen turner size, some of the twists can be completely cut out of the piece.

You can learn a bit more about the process, and see other examples of some of the beautiful turnings produced by this process at: http://www.twistedturtlecustomcues.com/products.html

I've contacted Twisted Turtle to try to procure (for you guys) some more of these awesome, unique pen blanks.

Last edited:

Alzey

Nice looking Pens. My next adventure in pen turning will be creating segment blanks. I like the asymmetric look to these blank. That idea alone will cut my frustration level while learning :biggrin:

Top Bottom