Twindows v2.0

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

I showed the prototype of this pen in the Freestyle contest , but I'm not really sure if anyone saw it with all the silliness that was going on at the time . I made some changes and this is what I came up with.
This is Twindows v2.0 . It is made from some Bloodwood and Osage Orange , some Brass and aluminum and a cigar transmission with a parker type refill . It is unique in that you operate the pen by twisting the inner barrel (the Osage Orange part) to extend or retract the refill hence the name Twindows (Twist Window) . It works very smoothly and has a nice feel to it , I even got this one the right length . The refill is replaced by unscrewing the nib .

1_twindows5.jpg

1_twindows4.jpg

As always , comments welcome .
Thanks for looking .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Silliness?

Butch, I do remember Twindows V1.0, and your v2.0 is another example of your workmanship, great job. Now as to silliness that I don't remember:rolleyes::wink:.

VisExp

Very cool Butch. Love the colors and the clip. Very nice finish as well.

You need to rename it though, I don't see a CTRL+ALT+DEL button :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Butch,

It's a great concept and beautiful execution.

But it's got a snub-nose!! Get Skippy to design you a nice nib - more on the line of the Jr. Gent ballpoint. Your outside diameter is big, but a nice tapering nib would set off the inner osage orange better - THIS IS ALL OPINION AND AS SUCH, NOT TO BE CONSIDERED GOSPEL!!! Just a suggestion.

S

spiritwoodturner

Butch, that is unbelievable! How do you think up this stuff? The wood and clip are unreal, and of course the design is off the charts, but I agree with Ed (like I could ever come close to this kind of work) about the nib. It makes it look stumpy, and it's not. It's simply gorgeous. But a more flowing nib might make it look more "graceful"?

I wonder if one of the marble block haulers (me) ever gave Michaelangelo (you) advice on how to carve the nose of David. That guy's still probably under a million tons of rubble in Carrera (me, again).

Wonderful work, can I come for classes? I'm pretty good at casting some freakin' breakfast cereal, if you want to trade lessons (insert crickets chirping here).

Dale

davinci27

Great pen Butch. I've been playing around with this idea in my head as well, but haven't got all the pieces figured out. I really like your ideas though and will see if these pics can't kick start me to get my concept of this pen going.

Also, don't mean to alarm you or anything, but that pen is made out of wood. Was that intentional? ;)

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . This is where the original concept of the windows pen was going but I had to work out a few bugs first . Ok on to the replies .

Cav , thanks , I really appreciate that . Are you ok ? Is your spell checker broken lately ? :biggrin:

Ed and Dale , Thanks guys . I made the tip snub-nosed to allow the wood to be shown off . In the future I will shorten the core tube and make the tip longer , more like the Jr Gent or the Polaris . As for Skippy designing one , I don't think he has the time . He's too busy playing with his Nuts .... and bolts to help me out . Besides , even though he won the Freestyle , I still think he's past it :eek::tongue::biggrin: .... Your still my Hero Steven .

Jeff , The "G-String pen" ???? I missed it ???? BAWHHH :crying::biggrin:

Ben , Thanks . The only way to do it is .... Just Do It ! . If you think I might be able to help , please feel free to ask . I love a challenge , it's what makes this stuff fun . Yes I know it's wood , I do dabble in it sometimes .

To everyone else I say Thanks again . The same offer applies , If your having a problem with some left field idea and you need some help please feel free to PM me , anytime . No secrets here .

igran7

Dang Butch, you sure have a way of making me feel insignificant. ;-)

You definitely belong in the PMG, keep setting that bar, it gives the rest of us something to shoot for. Thanks for inspiring me, please don't ever stop posting!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
B(insert any vowel here)tch :biggrin:

Contrary to what the Duplicate ( Ed ) said, you certainly don't need any assistance from me. :eek: It looks great!!! :biggrin:

Do you finish the two flavour woods first, then assemble them or do you assemble and then do the finish? Either way it's damned cool!!!:cool:

leehljp

Member Liaison
We need another forum for you and a couple of others! Too discouraging to the rest of us to see such heights of perfection attained!

BEAUTIFUL!

Top Bottom