Turquoise w/Black Marble on Rhodium Venus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from InvisibleMan

InvisibleMan

Finished this one up tonight - Turquoise w/Black Marble on a Rhodium Venus. Turned, wet MM through the roster, polished with One Step.

I've wanted to try the Venus, and I think I like it. My wife likes it, so hopefully it'll sell. It's a pricey bugger:rolleyes:.

All comments welcome:eek:.

1_Turquoise_with_Black_Marble_Venus_small.jpg
1_Turquoise_with_Black_Marble_Venus_2_small.jpg
1_Turquoise_with_Black_Marble_Venus_3_small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InvisibleMan

thanks! I really need to work on my photos. The third one is blurry. It looks a bit over turned, but it isn't in real life, although it does sort of curve to the hardware. I don't care for how I did it much - habit left over from all the pencils I've been working on.

InvisibleMan

Very Nice!
Is that Tru-Stone?

Thanks!

No, I've been working on PR pours that look like tru-stone. This is one of them. I posted a burgundy/gold pen a couple weeks ago that's similar. I love how tru-stone looks, but like turning and cleaning up after PR better:). These are a good compromise, cheaper to make, and I can do any color combo I want.

Texatdurango

Very Nice!
Is that Tru-Stone?

Thanks!

No, I've been working on PR pours that look like tru-stone. This is one of them. I posted a burgundy/gold pen a couple weeks ago that's similar. I love how tru-stone looks, but like turning and cleaning up after PR better:). These are a good compromise, cheaper to make, and I can do any color combo I want.

Now that's some impressive casting! Just glancing, I thought it was tru stone, you've done an excellent job imitating the tru stone look.

I too like the Venus pen and have made and sold a few. At a recent show I met another turner who had about a dozen on display and I commented about them being "ladies pens" when he said that he sold more to men than women! I thought that was interesting.

InvisibleMan

Very Nice!
Is that Tru-Stone?

Thanks!

Now that's some impressive casting! Just glancing, I thought it was tru stone, you've done an excellent job imitating the tru stone look.

Very Nice!
Is that Tru-Stone?

Well I just inserted my foot into my mouth after reading this. I said to myself "Well Duh!" then I read his response.

I forsee a new artist on exotic's.....LOL

Awesome job.

Thanks guys! Ah, nice that people have to at least ask the question! I won't admit to how much resin I went through trying to nail the process:rolleyes:. I'm pretty happy with it now though.

Looks very nice. Try reducing your pics. before posting them.

Agree, they are still too large. I reduced them to 800px height I think, but probably 500 or 600 would be better?

Texatdurango

Looks very nice. Try reducing your pics. before posting them.

Agree, they are still too large. I reduced them to 800px height I think, but probably 500 or 600 would be better?

I usually use 600 px as the larger of the two dimensions and the photos fit on a screen well and you can still see nice detail. I grabbed yours and re sized them to:
516 x 600, 492 x 600 and the biggest improvement was down to 600 x 340.

In my opinion, seeing the whole photo at once without having the monitor set at a high resolution makes seeing the pens more enjoyable. Your last photo really shows the blanks off!

I wouldn't mind seeing some other colors!

InvisibleMan

I usually use 600 px as the larger of the two dimensions and the photos fit on a screen well and you can still see nice detail. I grabbed yours and re sized them to:
516 x 600, 492 x 600 and the biggest improvement was down to 600 x 340.

In my opinion, seeing the whole photo at once without having the monitor set at a high resolution makes seeing the pens more enjoyable. Your last photo really shows the blanks off!

I wouldn't mind seeing some other colors!

OK, 600 px is what I'll use next time. Here's the other color I've photographed so far: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/new-marble-google-page-ranking-pour-jr-gent-96433/

I have orange w/black and black w/gold, but haven't gotten a photo yet. The orange/black pen "disappeared" and haven't turned the black one yet. I just got more resin in, so it should be a fun and busy weekend:biggrin:

edit: I forgot - I also have some bad pictures of early prototypes in my photo album.

Last edited:
Top Bottom