Turquoise & Pau Ferro Sedona

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edavisj316

edavisj316

This took a while to put together, but was a lot of fun in the process. The segments are from a Turquoise Acrylic and a Pau Ferro blank. Everything is separated with aluminum roofing flashing. I like the flashing better than Coke cans because it is a little thicker and shows up better on the pen.

I need to find a place where I can find larger stock to work with. The finished blank was 3/4" square. I would like to make the blank closer to 1" so that it will be a little easier to work with and so that I can use it on a larger body kit.

The finish is 4 coats thin, 6 coats med & 2 coats thick CA, MM to 12,000, polishing compound and Wax.

Don't have the toys for kitless yet. But the segmenting provides a good challenge.

Thanks for looking & your comments & critiques are welcomed.

Attachments

• pens 010.jpg
    pens 010.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 237
  • pens 08.jpg
    pens 08.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 180
  • pens 09.jpg
    pens 09.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 132
  • pens 012.jpg
    pens 012.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 277
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

I like it, I also like the idea of using flashing. Been trying to figure out what to replace thin can aluminum with. I like a segmented pen but still really new to this hobby so I like it when folks posts what they use.

Phil

wiset1

Fantastic looking work here. I know how difficult this can be and the additional time it takes. At the end of the day you feel a little better doing these than a standard blank. It's a bit of you into it! Awesome

edavisj316

Wow!! Thanks for the great complements.

As far as the flashing goes, I picked up a bundle of flashing already cut up in 5x7 squares at Lowes. It was just a few bucks and I doubt I will ever use all of it. It already being cut into squares makes it a lot easier to work with.

Top Bottom