turning sierra Maple Pheasant into a Squire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

Fitting a sierra blank on a squire kit. I posted this last week in a bash contest but wanted to share here for anyone that might have missed it. I have more sierra tube blanks than kits and wanted to try this majestic squire with out making a new blanks so I modified it to fit the majestic squire. Since the squire is smaller in diameter and shorter in length, I was able to wrap a 3/8" squire tube (rolled with 2 layers of regular paper, saturated in thin CA) and then epoxy inside the sierra tube as you would a tube in any drilled hole. You will have to pen mill the blank down a little extra since the squire tube is shorter. Then you turn, finish and assemble. This is a ringneck pheasant feather group on a curly maple background.

I got this idea from Skiprat after watching him modify a sierra to fit an elegant beauty / aero kit. Also, thanks Newlondon88 for the majestic squire kit. Thank you IAP and Happy Birthday!

Attachments

• Maple Feather Squire_800x535.JPG
    Maple Feather Squire_800x535.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 243
  • upright_248x600.JPG
    upright_248x600.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bill Sampson

John,

Another great creation!! Are you going to make the wood background feather pens to sell? Your creativity continues to be a "hit" on the IAP.

Personal note--I took the second pen to my client on Monday and he was thrilled.

Bill Sampson,Richmond

broitblat

That is nothing short of spectacular! The color and figure of the feather on the wood and then the fit and finish of the pen are all (insert superlative here)!

-Barry

Top Bottom