Turning with a mission PEN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I found this article on the site here. http://content.penturners.org/library/misc/penwright_tools.pdf

So the obvious thing to do would be try it out. I did everything by hand with the exception of squaring my blanks. I still gotta make that hand crank disk sander. I used Osage for my handles and went ahead and glued the mandrel and drill bit in place. Trying to make it the most cost effective. Those who come with this had an excellent idea. I does give you a good workout. It took me 8 minutes each to sand the blank to size and a out 3 minutes to drill each. I wiped a friction polish on the used ren wax. It is lace she oak on a black ti slimline kit.
Comments and critiques are welcome and thanks of looking.

null_zps512c0d56.jpg

null_zps04560281.jpg

null_zps820b6a76.jpg

null_zps9232dda6.jpg

null_zpsbcd9a88a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CrimsonKeel

read that article the other day and thought to myself man could have saved me a ton of money doing it that way
Pen looks nice and i just might take the drill thing into consideration for temperamental blanks

PaulDoug

Yep, read that, made the jigs and sold all my power tools! No really. Would be fun to make the jigs and try it though. Maybe a new contest on here for next year's bash?

The smiles on the faces of the Seniors are priceless!

Top Bottom