Turned a couple more Barons in acrylic over the weekend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigNick73

BigNick73

Pretty happy with these, they just keep getting better with practice.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.jpg
    IMG_1083.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 206
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian Frank

Nice pens Big Nick. To date I have only turned Ball Point Twist Pens. I have a few Roller Ball and Fountain Pens ordered. Purple and grey pen turned out great. What is Model ?

BigNick73

Nice pens Big Nick. To date I have only turned Ball Point Twist Pens. I have a few Roller Ball and Fountain Pens ordered. Purple and grey pen turned out great. What is Model ?

It's a baron, I get the kits from beartoothwoods.com and both blanks came from timberbits.

OZturner

Two Fine Barons, BigNick
Beautiful Blanks, Excellent Fit and Finish.
Your Turning and Finishing is Excellent.

However IMHO, they look a little bit like me, a Tad Overweight.
My Doctor keeps telling me to reduce my bulk and waist line.
Your Pens look fine around the waist line, but they could lose some around the Girth.
I am fully aware that some people with larger hands like to have a thick pen to get their fingers around. And that is fine if that is the reason.
But the appearance of your pens would improve considerably if you turned a bit more Meat off the Blanks.
Give it a try and see what it looks like.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Brian Frank

It's a baron, I get the kits from beartoothwoods.com and both blanks came from timberbits.[/QUOTE]

I ordered 2 Barons from Arizona Silhouette along with 2 Sedona Fountain Pens. If they come out as I nice as yours I will be happy. I may slim them down a bit per Brian's suggestion.

BigNick73

Two Fine Barons, BigNick
Beautiful Blanks, Excellent Fit and Finish.
Your Turning and Finishing is Excellent.

However IMHO, they look a little bit like me, a Tad Overweight.
My Doctor keeps telling me to reduce my bulk and waist line.
Your Pens look fine around the waist line, but they could lose some around the Girth.
I am fully aware that some people with larger hands like to have a thick pen to get their fingers around. And that is fine if that is the reason.
But the appearance of your pens would improve considerably if you turned a bit more Meat off the Blanks.
Give it a try and see what it looks like.
Congratulations,
Brian.

I was intentionally playing with shapes with these. The red/blue one is beyond overweight and is just plain fat in person. Was curious what it'd look like over sized with the cap and barrel the same diameter. While it's unique and growing on me I doubt I'll do any more that large.

I like some curve/shape to my pens but having turned several of them to compare now, the purple one is really about as big as I want to go with this kit. The skinnier ones I've done are more attractive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom