Turkey Feather Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

Copper Sierra with turkey feathers in PR. Its a little dark until the light hit it, but should be a big hit with the NWTF and hunters. All comments welcome. Thanks

Attachments

• Turkey Sierra 2.jpg
    Turkey Sierra 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 593
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
John, I have reaached the point in life where I am not "mad" enough at animals to hunt them any more. I am a turkey watcher not a turkey hunter. That said, this pen is a BIG hit with me!!!

JohnU

I wouldn't call what I do hunting... five years and only one bird....lol Its the deer Im mad at, three car vs deer in the last year and a half! :) Thanks
John, I have reaached the point in life where I am not "mad" enough at animals to hunt them any more. I am a turkey watcher not a turkey hunter. That said, this pen is a BIG hit with me!!!

JohnU

WOW....thats beautiful.

Ok how did you manage to cast that successfully?

With lots of trial and errors! Turkey feathers are the hardest so far. Theyre too large and wide and want to do their own thing. Pheasant feathers are much easier. Thanks

JohnU

Looks excellent John. I just found some of those feathers out back..must be the coyote's are in the neighborhood. I just don't know that I dare try gluing the buggers on a tube again!
Jeff, I wouldnt recommend doing the turkey feathers until you get used to doing the smaller bird feathers first. They are pretty stiff and I still mess up about a good quarter of them until I get them to look nice. Narrow small thin feathers are the way to go.

Top Bottom