The Turban Tops are coming....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here are a couple more Turban Top pens I made simular to the 1914 Parker's catalog pen the Jack Knife Safety. One is lucite and the other cumberland ebonite. Both are very BIG PENS.
You know what they say...Big feet, Big hands.....Big pen s :D
Thanks for looking

2005521163152_turban_lucite_cl.jpg

2005521163236_turban_open.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br /> Now what are you going to do with all of those surplus "components"? [:D]

Yeh, Mac is bummed because he has to spend 5.00 for a 1.00 nib. I got to spend 18.00 for stupid coupler and nib housing [V], that aint gonna last long.

wicook

Anthony, your experiments turn out some beautiful products! Besides that, I find that looking at yours gives me ideas...not that I can execute them as well as you do...that I can use to improve the look of my pens. Thanks![:)]

PenWorks

Originally posted by WoodChucker
<br /> Is there no end to your madness? [:D]

RT, I am going mad..... 114 degrees today, to hot to golf, to hot in the shop, to hot for anything [8D]

Thanks for the comments.

PenWorks

Mike, it is one of the new lucite rods from www.pipemakers.org I checked on the web site and couldn't find it. I think it is carmel but not sure. Very transparent.

Deere41h

Anthony....Only one thing to say, They are beautiful! You continue to be an inspiration to all of us. Thanks for sharing.

Can I ask where you got the tap for the threads in the cap?

PenWorks

The lucite one was threaded, the ebonite one has the coupler from a gentlemens pen.
I buy my taps & dies from http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm
They have really good service and have anything you want.(almost) [:)]

woodpens

Way to go, Anthony! Those are something else! If you're not already in the Pen Makers Guild, I suspect those two pens would open the door, if you are interested. Your work is superb!

PenWorks

Shane, I don't know to much about threading (yet), but most of the threads on the Jr/Baron, El Grande/ Ligero and others are EE & EEE, which means it has several starting points. I don not believe we can hand cut threads for that. But that would be a question for Bruce or any other tool & die makers lurking around here. The only regular type threads on the pens we buy are found only in the nib section and in the trim end caps.

The ideal kit for me right now, if I could just buy couplers and a nib, then I can do the rest. I really don't like threading myself. I don't have it down or have the right tools, I tend to scrap 30% of my threads. I am working on a friction fit cap.

Thanks Jim, I thought about sending the Lucite Turban Top for my apprentice submission to the Guild, but sent that to Provo. [:p]

Thanks all for the comments. For just a big round pen, I really like these pens, some things never go out of style. There is nothing like a Parker Duofold[:)]

btboone

Anthony, I'd also like to see us come up with a few viable alternatives for the threaded sections. Doing multiple start threads is definitely a trick by hand, but can be done on a small metal cutting lathe. It would be nice to have a few different types of designs that hold the cap on that people without CNC or molding machines could easily do. That kind of stuff should easily get you into the Guild. It takes thinking outside the box a little. Some of the best cap fits I've felt involve a trilobe plastic shape that gets deformed to round when the cap is pressed over the round pen body. Those again aren't necessarily easy to make though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom