tulipwood and snake skin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Here are a couple of what I've done lately. Nothing special but thought I'd post to let everyone know I'm still making pens. Been busy trying to make the 4-15 deadline. Had to stop taxes and make a couple of pens. Here they are. I had another one, took it to church this morning and sold it. I'll do another and get a picture of it.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200541021537_Milk%20snake.jpg

2005410215331_mitch%20gent.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerberpens

Those pens look great... but, you sold your pen at church? Isn't there something in the Bible about Jesus kicking out the money changers in church?!?!? You better watch out![:D]

Sorry Don, it's the Seminary training coming out of me!

BTW the made a couple of AA that you gave me in Ft. Worth. I'll post later.

Gary

its_virgil

Gary,
The pen wasn't being sold for sacrifices and I didn't try to rip off the purchaser. :) Looking forward to seeing the AA pens when you get time to post. I finished the music baton but did not get a picture of it. I'm startig another and I'll difinitely get a picture of it. How about the arrow pen? Any comments?
Do a good turn daily!
Don

its_virgil

Thanks for all the nice words. The snake skin was nice prior to casting but did not do a good as rattlesnake skin. I too like the tulip[ gent the better of these two.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Fleabit
<br />Nice pens. I like the bottom one the best.

JimGo

Don,
They both look great, though I agree, the 2nd one is more my style. However, if you don't mind my asking, how did you cast the snakeskin? I'm getting ready to do my first skin pen (have the blanks glued, but need to cast 'em) with a stingray hide I got off eBay.

Oh, and since when are you and gary making pens out of Alcoholics Anonymous members? (yes, I know it's acetate...sorry, some humor doesn't translate into written text well)

its_virgil

The skin is cast in polyester resin. The article on the home page by Jay pickens tell most of what you need to get started...what to get...where to buy.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Don,
They both look great, though I agree, the 2nd one is more my style. However, if you don't mind my asking, how did you cast the snakeskin? I'm getting ready to do my first skin pen (have the blanks glued, but need to cast 'em) with a stingray hide I got off eBay.

Oh, and since when are you and gary making pens out of Alcoholics Anonymous members? (yes, I know it's acetate...sorry, some humor doesn't translate into written text well)

I am interested in the church you attend. It wouldn't be one of those snakehandling churches is it? I like them both, pens that is. The snakehandling will have to wait till I get to heaven or Jesus returns, whcihever comes first.

its_virgil

Not a snake handling church, just a Bible believing Jesus preaching nondenominatinal church. Our staff are all graduates of Dallas Theological Seminary. BTW, it was not a snake pen and I guess I didn't really sell it at Church, just delivered it to a friend who had ordered a pen. I had this new pen with me that he had not seen and he liked it so he took it. I am not really a snake person and it was difficult at first for me to just handle the skins. Not so bad now. The snake pen in the picture has nice black areas with reddish circles. A milk snake I think. The picture didn't show the colors and pattern so well. But, tulipwood is a favorite.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />I am interested in the church you attend. It wouldn't be one of those snakehandling churches is it? I like them both, pens that is. The snakehandling will have to wait till I get to heaven or Jesus returns, whcihever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom