Trying to stump you- Ultra Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenmtnguy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Jason wins!
Walnut bark that turns with the lightest touch. Get close and sand. It happens fast. The only problem is the varying densitity makes it difficult to sand uniformly.

Very cool i thought about it before will cutting walnut you get some neat patterns in the bark,but the i knew I was not capable of such a difficult material as this.Looks fantastic,and takes some weight out a the heavy kits I bet?Thanks for sharing,Victor

stoneman

Alton,

Very nice pen. Here's a tip though if you are trying to stump this group - don't leave clues (like "WB") in the picture file name when you post it. Of course, I'm sure no one here would stoop so low to get a clue in such a challenge as you laid down before us all :wink:, but it is possible there might be someone somewhere who would :biggrin:

Last edited:

jthompson1995

Alton,

Very nice pen. Here's a tip though if you are trying to stump this group - don't leave clues (like "WB") in the picture file name when you post it. Of course, I'm sure no one here would stoop so low to get a clue in such a challenge as you laid down before us all :wink:, but it is possible there might be someone somewhere who would :biggrin:

I swear I didn't look at the file name :wink:. I actually have some blanks of it I've been meaning to turn into pens. I knew what it was as soon as I looked at it; very distinctive.

ken69912001

I made a pen using cottonwood bark. So I know what you mean by taking it easy on the sanding. In fact I had to use sandpaper all the way when making it. You did a great job on the pen.

Top Bottom