Trying Something New

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jondavidj

jondavidj

Last night, when I was making steampunk blanks, I decided to try something new. I made 2 all copper blanks. I would really like some feedback, because I am undecided. Let me know what you like of do not like.

Bolt Action - Antique Brass
Jr. Gentlemen I

Thanks for looking....

Attachments

• Bolt Action - Antique Brass - Steampunk Copper 1.jpg
    Bolt Action - Antique Brass - Steampunk Copper 1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Bolt Action - Antique Brass - Steampunk Copper 2.jpg
    Bolt Action - Antique Brass - Steampunk Copper 2.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Baron - Steampunk Copper 1.jpg
    Baron - Steampunk Copper 1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Baron - Steampunk Copper 2.jpg
    Baron - Steampunk Copper 2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Baron - Steampunk 3.jpg
    Baron - Steampunk 3.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 245
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
first off I have a lot to learn so Im far from being halfway good at anything, but my personal opinion is.......... looks like something is missing with just copper, the silver gives it contrast, even doing just the silver steampunk with the rub and buff comes out good and has contrast. Now have you had made it all copper on a copper plated pen, I think you would of had something. Just my opinion, you know what they say about that, its like another body part, we all have one.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I actually like the single color foil. Maybe not always, but depending on the components, it can be very nice.

For yours, the kits are fine with the single color, my only thought may be to distress the foil more, allowing more of the buf-n-rub to stay in, that will give more contract.

I have learned there is a customer for every pen you make, as long as the quality is included. I have sold some great pens, nice pens and even the butt ugly find an owner if you keep showing it long enough. I like the two tone but some like the simplicity of monochromatic style.

walshjp17

I like the copper color but am really drawn to the Jr. Gent. The Chrome components do set off the copper. I also agree with the comments on the missing rivets.

jondavidj

Thanks everyone for the comments. I agree. I should have put some rivets and made it darker. I like the Jr. gent but am not crazy about the bolt action. I agree about a pen for everyone. I did one craft show and was hesitant about putting some pens out that I thought were ugly that had come from a non stabilized buckeye burl. Those were the first to go. I sold one to a new employee at work and happened again. He picked the one that I didn't like. I learned a lesson from that.

Top Bottom