Trying to improve my pic quality

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sefali

sefali

I finally think I'm starting to figure out how to get some decent pics. I'm not quite there yet, but I've come a long way. Let me know what you think.

Redheart Polaris
SNV32704.jpg

Rosewood Twist-nib Slimline
SNV32740.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MattDaddy

Good pics. The bottom one is really clear and has good color separation. I think you're coming to the same conclusion I have when it comes to macro pen photography - you have to position the pens straight to the camera - the depth of field focus just doesn't work that close up.

Looks like the top pic is a little out of focus on the top of the pen. Perhaps backing off a little further and using your zoom would get the whole pen clearer (like the Rosewood).

Nice photos and nice pens.

sefali

Thanks guys.
Matt, That's exactly what happened. I like the angled view, but the camera hates it. :frown: That, and i found the camera directions, so I can change the white balance.

TomW

If you will reduce the f-stop (Bigger number) and decrease the shutter speed (longer) appropriately, you will increase the distance that is in focus. This picture was shot at f-22.
1_Statesman1.jpg

Hope this helps.
Tom

avbill

What do you think you lack in the photograph?

You still need work with your lighting their not balanced. and the placement is off.
The fluorescent lighting in the room is or has become your main light.
lack of composition of the subject
Color balance is off.

You may want to read Rhoades article on photography in the library. He's article is very good.

sefali

Sorry for the lack of response guys. Been working too much. You've given me some homework, so I'll read that article, and play around a bit this weekend. Thanks

sefali

I read a couple of articles, and got some time to play around. I have a Samsung NV3 digital, and can't adjust the F-stop, or shutter speed, or gray scale, at least not from what I see in the manual. The manual is rather useless, though.

I built a quick photo booth, from a busted window blind and an old pillow case. I adjusted the white balance, metering, focus point, and sharpness. This is the best of what I came up with.
SNV32824.jpg

Top Bottom