Trying to get better at this picture thing!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Johnathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathan

Here are three new pens. I have set up a photo booth but need more light. I also have a brand new camera that will be wonderful as soon as I learn how to use all of these darn buttons!

This is a PR I made that is mostly black with flecks of white to look like the stars. I have also painted on some dark red planets but you can't see them, sorry.

Here is another home PR. This is Silver, Grey, with black flecks, it also has a lot of luster in it. Jr. Statesman kit

If I could choose only one pen to have in my pocket it will always be something with lace she-oak, by far my favorite!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Johnathan

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Very nice Johnathan, the silver speck is stunning.
I noticed you didn't put the fountain pen on the music [8D]

I know, sorry about that. [:D] Of course you would notice that Anthony! The photo would look better as a fountain but as someone paid for the rollerball that's what gets put in the photo[;)]

And it would be pretty daring with that music.

Maybe next time.

bloggstein

Very nice pens, I especially like the silver one. Perfect choice of blank and kit.

Ron Mc

Very nicely done! I do have a question. You say that you painted on some dark red planets? What kind of paint and what was the process?

gerryr

Good looking pens, Johnathan. I would recommend that you upload your photos not as the dreaded thumbnail, just upload them as 640 x 480 images.

Johnathan

Originally posted by pete00
<br />Bravo maestro !!
Like the she oak .....

Ok being Italian, how did we end up with Giovannipens as a name...

BTW your web site is looking good as well....

Pete

That's a great question. My grandmothers family was from Italy (Genova) and I grew up being called Giovanni. With schooling at the conservatorio di Giuseppe Verdi in Milan, it was only natural that I use Giovanni rather than Johnathan.

So, if you are going to create a high-end pen bussiness, would you rather buy a "Giovanni" pen or a "Johnathan" pen? It was an easy choice for me. Plus living here in California, I do miss hearing the name.[V][8D]

Johnathan

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Very nicely done! I do have a question. You say that you painted on some dark red planets? What kind of paint and what was the process?

Well a hobby of mine that really has gotten crushed by the pens was building WWII aircraft models. So I used a signature brush with a high quality thined enamel paint. I didn't want them to stick out so I guess it worked -- the photo makes it look like a solid black pen. If you look closely you can see some of the white stars that are in the resin but the planets just don't show up.

Dario

Johnathan err Giovanni,

Just checked your site and I like it a lot...simple yet ellegant.

Did you build it yourself or had it done by someone else? I have been attempting to build my own and it is almost 2 years...still nothing LOL. [B)][V]

Johnathan

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Good looking pens, Johnathan. I would recommend that you upload your photos not as the dreaded thumbnail, just upload them as 640 x 480 images.

Thanks Gerry, I didn't think I had done that but I guess I did. You can click on the photos to see a larger picture.

Johnathan

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Johnathan err Giovanni,

Just checked your site and I like it a lot...simple yet ellegant.

Did you build it yourself or had it done by someone else? I have been attempting to build my own and it is almost 2 years...still nothing LOL. [B)][V]

Dario - I have had the domain name for awhile but no time to do anything. I'm glad you like it, I really just put it together this weekend. I slowly hope to have it more to my standards as I get time. It works for now. Thanks for the comments.

gerryr

Johnathan,
Nice website, well done. Your website mentions a buffing cloth; what are they and where do you get them?

I know I can click on the image to make it larger, just simpler for us lazy folks if isn't a thumbnail.

Johnathan

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Johnathan,
Nice website, well done. Your website mentions a buffing cloth; what are they and where do you get them?

I know I can click on the image to make it larger, just simpler for us lazy folks if isn't a thumbnail.

Gerry - Wow, I wouldn't want you to strain that click finger! [8D][8D] I'll try to see what I can do.

I purchase designer micor-fiber cloths that come with all of my pens. They come in a bunch of different colors and patterns to match the pen they come with. You can find the material most often used to clean eyeglasses. They are cheap and add a little something extra.

pete00

Originally posted by Johnathan
<br />
Originally posted by pete00
<br />Bravo maestro !!
So, if you are going to create a high-end pen bussiness, would you rather buy a "Giovanni" pen or a "Johnathan" pen?
[V][8D]

Well you have a point there, Giovanni Pens sounds so much better than

"Jonny's auto body and writting things " [:D][:D]

im sorry the devil made me do it...

Draken

If we're really nice, will you let us see the planets? Pretty please? [:D]
Great looking pens, I really like the silver one. May I ask where you purchase your designer microfiber cloths from? Sounds like a neat extra with a sale.

Cheers,
Draken

Draken

Almost forgot, if you link to photos you have already uploaded, you'll get clickable thumbnails. Do a fresh upload of the photo for the thread, and you'll get original sized photos.

Hope this helps,
Draken

Johnathan

Originally posted by Draken
<br />If we're really nice, will you let us see the planets? Pretty please? [:D]
Great looking pens, I really like the silver one. May I ask where you purchase your designer microfiber cloths from? Sounds like a neat extra with a sale.

Cheers,
Draken

I'll try to get a better photo just for you Draken! I have the cloths made, but like I said you can find eyeglass cloths anywhere, try Target, Walmart, or dare I say Kmart. They should have something you can use.

Also, thank you for the photo tip, that must be my problem, I have been taking pictures from my Album for the posts. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom