Trying again, John Underhill Pheasant Pen and Photo Practice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dudstuen

dudstuen

Hi, This is my first John Underhill Pheasant blank I turned. Trying to practice my photography and down loading pic's here. These photo's are my uncropped ones. My cropped ones will not download. When I crop the and save them they show up as a pdd file instead of a JPG file. Has to be something on my end? Any help ideas, I appreciate.

Attachments

• phesant feather pen 007.jpg
    phesant feather pen 007.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 325
  • phesant feather pen 005.jpg
    phesant feather pen 005.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
That is an really cool blank. It made for an outstanding pen. I'll have to looking in to getting one of those blanks.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
What program are you using for cropping?

Bound to be someone here who uses the same software and can tell you how to convert to jpg.

dudstuen

I'm using Adobe Photo Deluxe, But I am open to anything better to replace it. I have had adobe awhile and maybe it's time to change up. ?

Irish Pat

Beautiful Pen,well finished.Your first is always the greatest treasure.I was thinking of buying a few of these blanks,where they difficult to make?Well Done.

Greeting from Ireland
Pat.

tgsean

That is a fantastic pen. In Adobe when you finish your trimming work and press save it takes you to a dialog box, and by default the save extension is a photoshop format, but there is a drop down box with numerous selections, and you simply choose JPEG and put the file name and it allows you to save it. This is how it is in photoshop by adobe. Where did you get the blank from? Its awesome, great fit and finish. Superb outcome

dudstuen

Thank you all for the help and comments, Finally got past the cropping problem, at least for now, will try posting again in next day or two. Have to get this photography down before it gets me, It's all fun!

JohnU

Beautiful work bringing those feathers to life Dave! I like your choice of parts. They really work well with those feather colors, and your photos look great! Thanks for posting!

longbeard

That is a fantastic pen. In Adobe when you finish your trimming work and press save it takes you to a dialog box, and by default the save extension is a photoshop format, but there is a drop down box with numerous selections, and you simply choose JPEG and put the file name and it allows you to save it. This is how it is in photoshop by adobe. Where did you get the blank from? Its awesome, great fit and finish. Superb outcome

Not sure if they have any in stock. John's blanks are easy to turn.
Exotic Blanks

Harry

Top Bottom