Try at a Realistic Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tdsmart

tdsmart

This has been a back burner project for me for over six months. I finally gave it a try this weekend, following the great turtorial in the Library from Bill Bettag, A.K.A "Wood Butcher". Clear and concise step by step instructions, by the way.

The guts are from a Jr Gent kit. The wood came from a grab bag of stuff I bought from someone here a long time ago. I think it is a piece of Koa, but don't hold me to that. Since this was really an experiment, I used a cutoff piece of buck eye from an old project. It was stabilized, making it a tad bit harder to work with and darker. As suggested in the turtorial I put two coats of thin CA on. I've gotten out of practice with CA in favor of Wood Turners Finish so I had some lumps in it and decided to sand it back. Just used boiled linseed oil instead. The band is as it would be on a cigar, removeable.

Attachments

• IMG_3738.jpg
    IMG_3738.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3744.jpg
    IMG_3744.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_3750.jpg
    IMG_3750.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 254
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tdsmart

Thanks, all, for the comments. Always nice to hear from this community and especially from the Wood Butcher himself, who did such a great job on the turtorial.

Top Bottom