Trustone Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumps

I don't see too many pictures of trustone pens so I thought I'd give them a try. Here's a blue lapis trustone as a Baron TN-G and a pink-coral trustone living as a chrome Sedonna. The pink coral was very easy to turn but I was surprised at how difficult it was to shape the blue lapis. I'm not imaginative enough to embellish trustone blanks so they ended as basically B2B turnings. I've got a red jasper trustone pen blank remaining that I hope to try this week. I've made a stopper from this color and it was a gem to turn - hope the pen is as easy!

If you haven't tried this alternative material, give it a shot. It's fairly easy to drill (leave a bit of extra material when you drill) and it seems easier to turn than a lot of other materials we use.

I'm not a photographer and don't have a light-tent so the pictures aren't as sharp as I'd like.

20074209332_bluelapis.jpg

200742091015_pinkcoral.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grumps

Thanks for the kind words y'all. I've done a few trustone stoppers but never the blue lapis flavor and I was really surprised at the hardness of that thing - especially considering how easy the pink-coral blank turned. Took me over 90 minutes to just turn it and I know I sharpened that skew 4 or 5 times before I finished! [:(]

I had intended to match it with a sterling sliver Baron FP but as I turned the thing I realized that the TN-gold would be a better choice. The picture doesn't show it but the blue lapis does have more of a shine what it appears here.

jkirkb94

Beautiful pens! I've had a little harder time turning trustone...really dulls my tools! I also learned to save the shavings to use whenever I use woods with voids. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom