Trustone FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Lar

Old Lar

I have a pen collector that has ordered quite a few fountain pens from me. It started by my making some soapstone and alabaster pens and some woods and now trustone. She keeps me looking for new different materials and pen kits. I try to mix them up a little so there is some variety. She also buys vintage fountain pens on-line. I think she pays more for the vintage pens than mine, but I appreciate the challenge and I have learned a lot about turning different materials.

The pens in order are an electra in arizona jade; turquoise vail; an electra in larimar, azurite-malachite closed end; banded malachite closed end vail and medium lapis sedona. Most of the trustone and pens are from Bill at AS and Ernie at Beartooth Woods.

Thanks for looking. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• 484 Arizona Jade.jpg
    484 Arizona Jade.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 467 Turquoise FP.jpg
    467 Turquoise FP.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 485 Larimar 2.jpg
    485 Larimar 2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 486 Azurite-malacite.jpg
    486 Azurite-malacite.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 487 Banded malachite 2.jpg
    487 Banded malachite 2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 488 Medium Lapis 3.jpg
    488 Medium Lapis 3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

HOLY COW! You have been busy. All beautiful pens!! Especially love the closed ended ones. I would love to take a closer look at the Azurite/Malachite
closed ended one.:wink: Thanks for showing! Regards, Doc
P.S. Actually... I also like the Medium Lapis Sedona Fountain Pen and the banded Malachite closed ended one...too

Last edited:

arw01

I too put a +1 on the closed end pens. Your finish looks quite shinny from the specular highlights in the photos.

BUT the photos are not doing your work justice. They all look fuzzy. And I can only conclude it's a focus issue. I did not seen signs of camera movement. Perhaps moving back another few inches would let you bring down the f-stop some more and get more depth of field and focus on the pens better.

Alan

Old Lar

Thanks for the interest. My photos suck, but the best I have and the pens are delivered. I have a couple other pictures of a couple, but not any better.
I really like the trustone and closed end pens and am working up my confidence to start on some kitless pens.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• 488 Medium Lapis 3.jpg
    488 Medium Lapis 3.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 118
  • 486 Azurite-malachite 3.jpg
    486 Azurite-malachite 3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 487 Banded Malachite.jpg
    487 Banded Malachite.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Dan_F

Those look might fine! I'll have to try some TS again. Last and only one I've done cracked on me when I pressed it together. It was an El Grande, and the blanks are turned very thin.

Dan

Top Bottom