True stone photo CC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Walter Carulli

Trying to get my photos to look more professional. Any advice would be welcome....

Attachments

• True stone1.jpg
    True stone1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 398
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vakmere

This is not bad. I like the matchup of gold and trustone and there are no shadows. My problem is getting the whole pen to be in focus. I'm still learning. For different poses I went on Etsy to see how they were arranging their pens and found some angles and poses to be better than others. For lighting there are many trheads on IAP to assist. You will find what works for you and what doesn't.
Is that a light box or plexiglass you have it on? Still a very nice photo and the pen is georgeous.

Last edited:

StuartCovey

It's a great photo! The lighting seems to be pretty good.
The only thing is that I would suggest you use something different for the stone prop.
You want the pen to stand out from the picture, and I think the pen sort of blends in with the stone.

Great pen by the way!

BSea

Looks good to me. It looks like the whole pen is in focus, the color looks right, and I think the lighting looks good. If you want a highlight line, you could adjust the lighting for that. I think they make the pens look shinier. But I think that is a preference thing. I like the prop you used as it's the same material, and blends well. I don't think it takes away from the pen at all. But I think that's a personal preference.

If you wanted to, you might use a white mask in front of the camera so only the lens is uncovered. That should eliminate that black reflection line on the end of the pen. Those reflections only bother me when someone wears a colored shirt like green or red when taking the picture, and stands behind the camera.

mmayo

I am not sure this would help, but it helped me get better color balance. I bought an 18% gray card. Mine came with gray, white and other small pieces of plastic. I use it to sense the color temp of my lights. I remove the card and shoot. If your camera has adjustable and "sensible" color temp try it.

JD Combs Sr

I like the photo but as another post says, you want attention on the pen not its background or its support.

I am a little confused as to the color, initially when I opened the post I thought the TS was Black/Gold matrix but when I click on it, it appears redish. Is that the photo imparting the red color or is this a new TS color? If it actually is Black/Gold then you need to check/calibrate your camera's color balance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom