True Black pearl soap stone in Majestic fittings.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jimofsanston

jimofsanston

This is true Black pearl soap stone with a majestic black TN and Rh. This is the first time trying real stone. Let me know what you think and be really about it. It will not hurt my feelings.

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 163
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rsmith

I think it goes great with the kit, nice subtle accent to some busy components. It's wierd the first time you put a stone on the lathe, isn't it? Kinda feels like you shouldn't really be doing this, but...it works :) Did you leave it natural or did you put a finish to give it more stability?

jimofsanston

Believe it or not it did not eat up my tools to bad. I just finished it with 3 coats of ren wax. With soap stone the more you handle it the darker it gets from your body oils.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Jim, I think it looks great! Form, fit and finish are all spot on. I looked hard for something that you could improve on. All I can come up with is that your pictures could be sharper. The pen is 1st rate!!

jimofsanston

Yeah i am still working on the picture taking. I was in my shop and took a couple quick shots with my company camera to upload. I plan on taking better ones later.

RAdams

Banned
Beautiful pen!

I have some family in S.C. that owns a counter top company. I need to make them some pens so maybe i could start getting some nice stone cutoffs!

Top Bottom