Tru-Texas™ Diamondback

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

This picture is horrible but it was a last minute thought. I took the last little piece of my personal stash of Western Diamondback and laid a Texas quarter over it and cast in Resin to make this Gran Torino Rollerball! I made this a few months back, forgot to post pix. All comments, critiques, criticisms welcome!

SAM_1256.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eldee

I really like the combination and Dereks analogy to peanut butter and jelly. Maybe a gator combination for Florida or corncob combo for Iowa/Nebraska?

Last edited:

BSea

OH FUDGE!! I was going to do that with a copperhead skin and my Arkansas Quarter. . . . . . . . no wait . . . . . . . . . . . . You still haven't done an Arkansas Quarter.:eek:

Just kiddin Seamus.:wink: That is a really cool idea. I'm really surprised you didn't think of it earlier.

seamus7227

I am amazed every time I open one of your photos.
Tim
Thank you!

OH FUDGE!! I was going to do that with a copperhead skin and my Arkansas Quarter. . . . . . . . no wait . . . . . . . . . . . . You still haven't done an Arkansas Quarter.:eek:

Just kiddin Seamus.:wink: That is a really cool idea. I'm really surprised you didn't think of it earlier.

Will be cutting that quarter really soon!

Now that is striking!
Thank you!

Pretty freakin awesome Seamus.
thanks Lupe!

One of the best quarter pens I have seen from you. A Perfect combination !
when you hold it in your hand, the quarter is almost camoflauged

Rattlesnake and Texas go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. Nice work.

Or like chips and salsa!

Cool pen!

I love PB&J! and chips and salsa!:rolleyes:

Spectacular!

OK, how did you get the quarter thin so as to rap it around? I see that you cut the state out from the outer ring. ????????

I have a process that i have devised to achieve just that. And the Texas is actually connected to the rim. It looks like the picture below

Rick P

I have never liked that kit......but your blank now thats VERY well done. Fit and finish look spot on from here too!

Papa mark

Seamus, what I want to know is when are you coming to New Braunfels and doing a class. There are a lot of turners down here. Great work, one of the best that I have seem so far. I have a bunch of skins if you will teach me how to do that, LOL.

Great job.

seamus7227

I have to say also, that this is (to me ) the nicest one you have done.
Absolutely amazing. What a combo.
I have never liked that kit......but your blank now thats VERY well done. Fit and finish look spot on from here too!

Rick i actually use one of these kits as a daily writer and its not too bad. Course, i have big hands and that may be part of why i like the longer barrel. thanks for the compliments!

Seamus, what I want to know is when are you coming to New Braunfels and doing a class. There are a lot of turners down here. Great work, one of the best that I have seem so far. I have a bunch of skins if you will teach me how to do that, LOL. Great job.

LOL! I do need to come down that way to visit and make it a weekend dont I?! thank you for the kind words, hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Really Nice!!!

thanks! I gotta tree I'm working on this weekend

WOWOWOWOW!!!!! I didnt think there would be enough room for both. Awesome Pen!!!

I too was a little unsure of the same thing, but it worked. Thanks!

You take a snakeskin barrel and wrap a quarter around it?

wishman "No way!"

seamus "Way!"

wishman "No way!"

seamus "Way!"

Seamus, that is cool wrapped in awesome!

WAY! LOL
I'm overwhelmed at the responses to this. I just thought it would be something different to try out, thank you to all.

wiset1

I never get tired of looking at your work! It's stuff like this that makes me want to buy a scroll saw. Not to cut coins mind you...but to cut small lines in EVERYTHING, ha ha ha!

seamus7227

I never get tired of looking at your work! It's stuff like this that makes me want to buy a scroll saw. Not to cut coins mind you...but to cut small lines in EVERYTHING, ha ha ha!

Thanks Tim, the feeling is mutual. Thats the most fun of all(small lines)!:biggrin:

PenPal

Seamus,

Hi mate following deeper into my family history a name family Cousin with her family went from Scotland to Missouri in 1846 travelling to Utah using handcarts so the significance of the date on the quarter was not lost on me.

Unfamiliar as I am with that pen kit the combination of the coin overlay, colour of the casting, length of the pen, shorter Cap cast quite a spell on me.

I look forward to the pens you are preparing for me with renewed enthusiasm.

While Wilma goes through Chemo and Radiotherapy I am reorganising my equipment filled with designs in my head. Our daughter Cherie returns tomorrow after spending a couple of weeks with us from Utah to ease her Mums transition intending to return for her teaching Summer break in July.

Trust you and yours are safe and secure ready to enjoy a full New Year and prosperity for 2012.

Kind regards Peter.

BlackPearl

Seamus,

I hope Peanut butter and Jelly are not enjoyed at the same time as chips and salsa.

That would be a little weird, even for Whiskey Falls.

If you need a practice weekend of your demo Dallas is a LOT closer than New Braunfels, of course we don't have the Smokehouse or the Prince Solms.

seamus7227

Seamus,Hi mate following deeper into my family history a name family Cousin with her family went from Scotland to Missouri in 1846 travelling to Utah using handcarts so the significance of the date on the quarter was not lost on me.Unfamiliar as I am with that pen kit the combination of the coin overlay, colour of the casting, length of the pen, shorter Cap cast quite a spell on me.I look forward to the pens you are preparing for me with renewed enthusiasm.While Wilma goes through Chemo and Radiotherapy I am reorganising my equipment filled with designs in my head. Our daughter Cherie returns tomorrow after spending a couple of weeks with us from Utah to ease her Mums transition intending to return for her teaching Summer break in July.Trust you and yours are safe and secure ready to enjoy a full New Year and prosperity for 2012.Kind regards Peter.
Thanks for the heads up Pete!
Showing your work in full form. Nice going Seamus!
never thought of it like that dale, good point!
That is a great idea--really cool pen!
thanks
Seamus,
I hope Peanut butter and Jelly are not enjoyed at the same time as chips and salsa. That would be a little weird, even for Whiskey Falls. If you need a practice weekend of your demo Dallas is a LOT closer than New Braunfels, of course we don't have the Smokehouse or the Prince Solms.
who knows, maybe they do taste good together!:biggrin: We do need to get another North Texas meeting scheduled again!

Top Bottom