Tru Stone and Coolibah Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

gerryr

But not in the same pen. I bought this Leopard Skin Jasper a year ago and finally decided to use it. Full size Gentleman roller ball in gold titanium.
20085925043_JasperGent-small.jpg

This is a piece of two tone Coolibah burl from Nolan. If you haven't tried any, you should, it's very nice wood. Jr. Retro roller ball in gold titanium and a CA finish.
2008592486_CoolibahJrGent-small.jpg

Comments good or bad are welcome and thanks to those who take the time to comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Scared the crap out of me when I saw the subject line;) .Had visions of Frankinstine.But you wowed me again with your fit finish and photogaphy.Sure glad is was 2 pens:D.

PenPal

Gerry they are more than interesting, I am not as familiar with the Leopard Jasper however the pen stands out for its subtle clean look.
The Burl is in abundance here in Aussie, you did justice to it, the use of the sapwood whirls create further enhancement. That particular timber can vary so much in colour and depth it warrants more pens with timber from different locations.
Recent purchases from the site prove East Asia timbers also are more prolific in America and cheaper than here.
Well done. Peter.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Always nice to see your work Gerry ! These are very nice pens . Your photos are the best . I love burls . Thanks for sharing !

IPD_Mrs

I was like Roy with the subject and wondering what kind of abomination you have come up with. Your fit and finish look great and your photography sucks only because I can't get near that nice of an out come.[:I]

Mike

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gerry,

Great looking pens!!

That seems to be one of the "turner-friendliest" of the tru-stones. But the resulting pen seems to sell well!!

I'm not wild about the certerband of the retro. How is it selling for you??

Thanks for the great pics!:D:D:D

PR_Princess

Gerry, Great work - and as always, great photos! The Montana Pens c. - nice!![8D]

Along with the Blanko Nero, that Leopard Skin Jasper are some of the best patterns in the Tru-Stone IMHO. They both seem to sell well too.

I hope that your wife is continuing to speed along the road to recovery!:)

gerryr

Originally posted by ed4copies

I'm not wild about the centerband of the retro. How is it selling for you??

I have two that are going in the mail today, one FP with an 18K nib and the other a roller ball. They seem to sell at about the same rate as a Jr. Gent.

karlkuehn

Banned
Same for me on the headline, I thought it was going to be one pen! hehe

Beautiful work on the pens, although your photos need some work. There's way too much clarity and proper white balance. They should be a little more grainy with burnt out highlights, too. [:p][}:)]

gerryr

Originally posted by karlkuehn

your photos need some work. There's way too much clarity and proper white balance. They should be a little more grainy with burnt out highlights, too. [:p][}:)]

Should I post a nice greenish one next time?:D

Top Bottom