Tru Stone, Brass & Pedal test

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

Okay, so I've seen people do pedaling on the site, but I wanted to use some of the brass sheets I had, along with thin styrene for accents. I cut my Tru-Stone blank into 3 strips and glued in a brass strip and white styrene strip on both sides of the thin center pc of Tru-Stone. Once it was all together I started doing the 45 degree sanding to attach my white acrylic blocks for the pedal look. Those also got the brass accents to make them pop a little with the gold accents already in the Tru-Stone. Once my Gold Majestic kit arrives from PSI I'll post the completed pen.

*It looks like there are gaps between the vertical strips of white styrene; however, those are the brass accents...didn't show up that great in the picture. They pop when you hold it in your hand though...

Just looking for feedback I guess.

1_WiseTruStoneTest.jpg

Pic looks a bit big...sorry

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

I really like the small half circles at the bottom, but I'm unsure of how I feel about the vertical lines are on the gold-martrix blank, note how the lines look broken and disconnected with the small gap between them. I'm thinking your technique is great, but it might look better on a solid color, or some other pattern where the straight lines don't interfere with the overall visual balance.

wiset1

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I feel that the pen will look nicer once it's placed onto the kit. The vertical lines were done to try and tie the white pedals into the rest of the blank, but perhaps I should have used a thicker stock of brass to keep the white styrene in check. Either way, it's a couple hours well spent learning to do the pedals.

Thanks again everyone.

wiset1

Already did that! The lower barrel has pedals as well so once inserted onto the kit the pedals on the upper and lower unit will meet with the center band which should tie the pen together. I took pictures of the cap last night before I had the lower portion finished. Should have posted them both...sorry.

PenMan1

Tim:
I love EVERYTHING about this, except the two pieces of pickgard running down the barrel.

I assume that you are using those two lines to perfectly align the clip over them. If so, BRAVO!

I cant wait to see the finished piece.

Parson

that's very nice work... and I like the vertical pick guard segments, but I do a lot of that in my own segmented work :)

ctubbs

Tim, great job on the segmenting. the reason the vertical brass does not show is it is very highly polished and mirrors its surroundings. If you had a white reflector off right of the camera, I believe they would pop. I can barely wait for the finished pen to be shown. It should be gorgeous.
Charles

wiset1

Tim, great job on the segmenting. the reason the vertical brass does not show is it is very highly polished and mirrors its surroundings. If you had a white reflector off right of the camera, I believe they would pop. I can barely wait for the finished pen to be shown. It should be gorgeous.
Charles

Kit should arrive next week. I ran out of my Majestic stock and opted to start buying Statesman. When an idea hits you, you have to use what you have on hand and that was Majestic tubes. Oh well...Thank you for the feedback.:biggrin:

Top Bottom